Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grenoble Airport to Tignes Val Claret transfers

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any suggestions for a transfer Grenoble airport > Tignes. So far the cheapest I can find for 5 people is 595 euros return (some are 1000 euros return); however this is still ~£95 each, which seems a little steep. I've looked into renting a car but that still works out >£70 each, so it doesn't seem worth it if we then have to pay for parking in resort.

Any recommendations would be most welcome! Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would think 95 return is quite reasonable. It's a fair way and you would need a big car for 5 people and ski luggage.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bensbus charge £79.90 return from Grenoble airport to Tignes - http://www.bensbus.co.uk/ski-transfer/grenoble-airport-tignes-transfers/
so £95 for a return private transfer does seem pretty reasonable.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You can put a request through http://www.findtransfers.com/ and see if any local companies can help. If you are willing to share then you can ask them to try and find a few more people to fill a minibus to reduce your costs.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorry here goes!

Even for companies based in Tignes (which we aren't) it is a 3 hour trip to Grenoble Airport (which is no where near Grenoble and on the other side of the city) and then back which equates to 12 hours of driving (the chance of getting returns to or from Grenoble is slim). At a conservative cost of 70 euros per hour for the vehicle that is 840 euros. Whoever offered you 595 euros is not going to make a penny out of this so I'd snap his or her's hand off before they realise their error.

Why do people who basically get a "shared" flight from the UK think that the transfers are going to be any cheaper. We all have to make a living.

Rant over.

Andy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rolling eyes

Gosh, I'm so sorry* to have caused such offence. I'll think twice before putting such an outrageous request on snowheads next time.

*not really sorry
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My point is still valid how much would you expect to pay for someone to drive for 12 hours to pick you up and drop you off, with little or no chance of a return on the "empty" leg.

Winter is 16 weeks and summer is probably 12 prices just have to be higher than you might think to make things pay.

Was not trying to offend just pointing out the logistics

Andy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I do quite a lot of unpaid airport transfers for family and friends. It's quite a hard day's work especially as usually combined with a supermarket shop.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hire a car. An 'Intermediate Wagon' (in rental parlance) will be adequate for 5 and be reasonably cheap.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
here you are one more option for transfers, it look sbetter like you found! https://www.transfers-in-europe.com/Transfer-Grenoble-Tignes/5782/
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy