Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon BBR 8.9 166cm

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I'm around 164cm 50kg aggressive skier who wants to be able to ski mostly off piste but still be able to carve and ski aggressivley on groomers. Do you think the BBR will be good for me? Reviews look good however some people have mixed opinions on them, especially the reviews from skis.com who say that they chatter at high speeds and are not great for an aggressive skier but more suited to someone who skis in a more relaxed, layed back way. As I am quite lightweight do you think this would effect me? What are you thoughts? Also would the skis be fine for tricks without going switch?

Thanks Euan Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
EuanFraser, A marmite ski, lots of people really like them, but lots don't. I tried them as a demo, and came away very very unimpressed, probably one of the the worst I have ever skied. felt unstable, dull, dead, washed out at the tail as they are very pin tailed. They seemed to encourage lazy skiing in the back seat, and as soon as you pushed them it was not pleasant. Horrible ski and tricks with a tip that large.......

I am a bit heavier then you, but the skis were mid 170's

no doubt someone will be along with the opposite opinion, they are that type of ski. One you need to demo or it could be a big expensive mistake
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok thanks carroz, I don't have an opportunity to demo at the moment as have recently had two pins put into broken ankle from rugby! Also they are ending very soon thanks, euan Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
EuanFraser, Not wrong about the marmite of ski's. I use a pair off bbr 9,s 186 which is very simular to the bbr 8.9's. I find them a very hard charging ski and no chater at high speed.
And definitely not dull also very controllable. I ski for about 180 days of the year. Not the best ski for only off piste for which i use a pair of k2 obsethed also a very good ski.
I am 176 tall and way to heavy Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thank you peter42, even though I may love them I think I will most likely not go for them as I don't have the money to not like them! Also there is no way I can demo them at the moment due to a broken and pinned ankle. Thanks ! Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy