Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski specs in table format - Updating for 2015 [gearchive.com]

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I have been working on updating the skis category for 2015. Some of the companies hadn't updated their sites yet so I have to go back and finish. The table-format gives you a pretty easy way to filter, sort, and compare skis. You can quickly access the manufacturer's website via the Mfr Link button and quickly compare prices from a bunch of retailers via the "Shop" link at left (disclosure: affiliate links).
The site is far from perfect/complete, but I have been putting in a bunch of time so figured I'd share. Initial page load performance has been an issue because there is so much data. But once the page is loaded, all the filtering/sorting is done in the browser/client side.
I decided to keep 2014 skis (only different model names) active (at the cost of performance) for comparison and shopping. You can filter them out via the Production Years column. I mainly focused on freeride, backcountry, and freestyle skis (for lack of better terms) but other models and brands can be added.
I would've liked to add surface area, flex, rocker height, edge specs, etc. but the data just wasn't standardized or complete enough. The weights are from the mfr, which is lame, but I'll start measuring and updating as I can. I know I've made mistakes entering in specs, categorizing, etc. Let me tell you, that is some monotonous poo-poo. So if you feel so inclined let me know of mistakes you see or changes you think should be made. Comments can be left on the product detail pages themselves. Thanks for checkin.

td;dr - Ski specs in table-format
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
poo-poo? haha.. nice filters
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I talked to Dan from Armada and he gave me the measured weights of all the 2015 Armada skis. http://www.gearchive.com/gear/snow-sports/skiing/skis
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy