Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Trying to get from Geneva to northern England with a normal airline.

Poster: A snowHead
Doesn't anybody else fly from Geneva to the north any more? I cannot find any direct flights to Liverpool or Manchester except EasyJet. Want to fly within the next month. Thanks for pointers.

(EasyJet to Liverpool only looks good next to RyanAir to Liverpool)

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 10-10-14 11:20; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jet2?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mosha Marc wrote:
Jet2?

Thanks for the idea but flights start 13 December (Manchester and Leeds).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
albinomountainbadger, it's a real problem (as you seem to have discovered) that the flights to Manchester & Leeds don't start until mid December. I'm amazed that there isn't any demand for a regular business flight from Geneva to Manchester all year round.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We used to have a year round Newcastle Geneva service with Easyjet, but it has been whittled down to a short few weeks in the winter now. It was great for a short trip out to sort out stuff at apartment.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What's wrong with Easyjet?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I appreciate the winter months are busier but there are at least three large airports in the north of the UK that cover quite a lot of businesses - you'd think an annual schedule would be worthwhile for at least two operators to have one!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
albinomountainbadger, flights from all Northern destinations have been slashed over the last few years.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bugger. I normally drive but not worth it for a weekend. I'll never get rid of these avios points at this rate.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If you're trying to use Avios points what about either:
1. Flying down to London, then London to Geneva.
2. Train/drive to London, overnight hotel (using Avios points), flights from London.

Not anything like as convienient obviously but depending on your situation you might be able to get a train after work/airport hotel/crack of dawn flight (but only having to get from airport hotel to airport), or fly back late/railway station hotel/first train/direct to office?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mjit, yes had thought of that but it's a real time consumer and the trains kill any savings, unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion though.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
albinomountainbadger, You could fly Geneva to Zurich and then Zurich to Manchester with Swiss. Or use www.skyscanner.net
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Inverness to Geneva direct every saturday, but judging by replies perhaps you mean northern England Puzzled
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dode, yes sorry I forgot Scotland was still in the UK wink

Halfhand, I like skyscanner, got their app too but that's a faff that way.

Thanks for replies all, confirms that I can't find any other flights because there simply aren't any... Looks like I'll just fly orange this time.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Assuming you mean northern UK then opodo gives Brussels airline as cheap to Manchester from Geneva (cheaper than easyjet)
latest report
Quote:

What's wrong with Easyjet?

+1
snow conditions
johnE wrote:
Assuming you mean northern UK then opodo gives Brussels airline as cheap to Manchester from Geneva (cheaper than easyjet)

How did you get that? opodo is only giving me Easyjet and I've tried a few date combos.
snow conditions
albinomountainbadger, I don't mind EJ

Quote:

johnE wrote:

Bet it's not direct.
snow conditions
halfhand, it isn't direct, it goes via (guess where?) Brussels.
ski holidays
Hells Bells wrote:
halfhand, it isn't direct, it goes via (guess where?) Brussels.

ahhh.

I don't really think it's relevant if I or other people like easyjet and ryanair etc or not, but for the record I prefer to fly with someone like BA as by the time the luggage and seats have been added on the ticket is often the same price, if not even cheaper and I feel more like I'm a client enjoying a quiet service I've paid for than a potential customer in a flying shop or timeshare seminar. There's also the 'bonus' of those loyalty points to be spent, but that alone would never sway me.

Anyway, it seems easy have the monopoly at the moment so there's not much choice!
snow report
Quote:

How did you get that? opodo is only giving me Easyjet and I've tried a few date combos.

I typed in geneva as the source and manchester as the destination and left the date as the default. Loads of options came up including the usual suspects of klm and airfrance, but brussels was the cheapest by far. Even cheaper than easyjet.
snow conditions
johnE wrote:
Quote:

I typed in geneva as the source and manchester as the destination and left the date as the default. Loads of options came up including the usual suspects of klm and airfrance, but brussels was the cheapest by far. Even cheaper than easyjet.

Gotcha. I was on my phone earlier, it doesn't show the same list like the desktop.
ski holidays
johnE, got some friends who started using Brussels last year quite a lot because of the very cheap prices. Not direct though.

albinomountainbadger, there's no choice from oop here it's EJ year round and then EJ and Jet 2 in the season, think that's it.
latest report
Another option is, once you have searched once, go to the top and choose 'select destination'. You then get a list of airports and airlines by price - eg SAS to Leeds-Bradford £76 single.

Skyscanner is a great resource but it sometimes takes some effort to get it to do really useful things.

Edit: just found a better way. On the front page just stick in Geneva, UK and October and off you go.
snow report
There are far fewer flights from airports in the Midlands too. Clearly not enough demand. I like easyjet actually. These days many BA flights from Gatwick are priced with no baggage though so far the extra costs aren't bad. It's the logical model in a competitive world. I usually fly with very little. Why should I pay the same as someone with a vast great skibag you could get a couple of corpses in?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy