Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Why Do Women get more ACL injuries...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This from Auntie on the subject...

Obviously footy related but no doubt some of this applies in our world too

Shakira called it - the hips don't lie...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29505871
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
RAB
Number of reasons:
large Q angle ( angle of femur from vertical ) = A frame legs;
narrow condyle gap acts on the ACL in twist;
slow response hamstring to bring tib. and fib. back into alignment with femur in backward twist;
unbalanced or undeveloped leg and buttock muscles ( eg. insufficient abductor strength and response to keep knee centred over second toe); and
periodic hormonal laxity of ligaments and tendons.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
All of the above, but in my experience, more often a lack of fitness/conditioning, especially with ladies 35+.

Skiing is a physically demanding sport, especially when learning from scratch. A few extra pounds and 15yrs since the last netball/hockey match is not gonna cut the mustard. wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mollerski,

Think your wrong. The men I see are just as bad and they still get less ACL injuries.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A young female physiotherapist in the chalet we were stopping in January was explaining this when one of the other ladies in the chalet did her ACL, she said most of the extra element was as tbovey, described as the last item, came as a bit of a shock to me I would have previously thought that your chances of doing your ACL was equal to which sex you are.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There are some risk factors that relate to dynamic movement that are risk factors in both men and women.

It seems that for women some of these are more significant. The tendency for the knee to fall in on twisting and landing

are important and you can reduce risk of ACL rupture by training a sportsmen and women to avoid this happening.

I see alot of skiers , particularly teenage ski racers with ACL rupture and i think the notch width is very relevant.

The space for the ACL is a bit tight and it is therefore more easily damaged.

Ive just this afternoon seen another very narrow notch in a 12 year old that had ruptured the ligament very easily.

So there are some that can be altered and some that cant (easily)

Jonathan Bell
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy