Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nike's Storm-Fit Ski Jackets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey everyone, first (long delayed) post so wonder if anyone can help me out.

I'm looking at buying one of Nike's Storm-Fit ski jackets and I've seen some positive points made on these forums about them but for the life of me I cannot find any technical information on those magical waterproof/breath-ability figures.
No where can I find anything other than 'fully waterproof and breathable' which is hugely vague considering for something to be classed as waterproof it need only have a rating of 5,000mm.

Anyway, does anyone have a storm fit jacket to comment on its waterproofness or know of somewhere I can read up about it, Nike.com doesn't even have anything!

Thanks in advance
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Does this help? http://help-en-eu.nike.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/205/p/3897
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for you reply but that was the info I found myself, it doesn't give me any actual figures on waterproofness.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nike ACG kit used to say on the label what it was in terms of waterproofness/breathability. Bought some very good 20k /20k stuff like that. If they aren't saying suggests to me that it'd 5k at best.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
acerace, Are you planning on scuba diving in it . . . or perhaps you're based in Whistler? Unless you're skiing in extreme conditions, 5k is more than adequate and wind protection is more important in general use for recreational skiing. More important in terms of water permeability are your pants . . . far more exposure to liquids and friction.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy