Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anybody done any JJC courses?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I really fancied doing some Gates Training as a way of sharpening up my technique.
I looked all around and found very few options.
If you are already a racer there are a few, but I wanted something for a middle-aged, but reasonably decent, skier who is not looking for a career in Lycra.
Impulse Racing do a few, but none of their dates could work for me.

I emailed JJC to ask if they knew anyone and they said that they do! They are in Saas Fee from November for several weeks training would be ISIA and ISTD instructors, but in the first 2 weeks they also train people like me.

So that is me sorted and booked...the first week in November.

No Lycra though!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If you have fun in Nov, W are running a clinic in partnership with JJC in April http://www.insideoutskiing.com/holidays/performance.html Im out the following week in Nov, fingers crossed for good snow !
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
rungsp, There are other options if you had asked but I'm sure you will do fine with JJC.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Rjs, do you mind naming a few other options for people similar to the OP? Have been thinking of doing similar this winter / next preseason as well as a way of pushing on my personal performance. From googling around the other providers I found were the Snoworks Race Carve weeks, BASS Morzine and Pratte Ski Camps. Any others you'd recommend?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

I had a week with the JJC guys last week.
I was the only non-qualified person there, but was made just as welcome as anybody else. The coaching team, and all the participants were very nice indeed.

I was coached as one of a group of 5 who were not there with Eurotest in mind, but improving our overall performance.

The weather played a big factor, we skied Monday but then it DUMPED snow for two days, and such was the volume of the snow that they were unable to reopen as the piste bashers were completely buried and they need a JCB to dig them out. Friday we went to Zermatt.

Coaching style is very individualised...each person is talked to one at a time and given aspects to work on. The coaches tend to stand at the bottom and watch the students as we did lap after lap, with feedback every lap. Could not be further away from Follow-Me.

Monday was a transformational day for me, I was so very frustrated at the snowfall as I was desperate to build on that.

In the down time there was a ski tuning clinic. Sports psychology group sessions and 1:1 available at no cost. Fitness training (optional), race craft talks. They did their very best given the lift closures.

I am planning to get back there for a few days at the end of the month as the JJC guys said I can come and get my missed days without further cost. Very kind of them, and much appreciated.

Costs:
Coaching £250 per week.
Accommodation: Self Catering, plain but fine shared flat (private room) £25 per day, arranged through JJC.

100% recommended, zero reservations at all.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bowman, The other course that I was thinking of was with Target Ski.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy