Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Arc 1600 early Jan

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Crystal have a good ski plus deal for Hotel La Cachette including 150 euros bar voucher.

Anyone done Arc 1600 early Jan and is it generally ok snow wise - am assuming that if the snow isn't that great there it looks quite quick to get up higher

Can you just upgrade a local lift pass for the day to go over to La Plagne? Anyone know how much? Reckon we'd maybe only go over once or twice so don't think it would be worth paying for a area pass (never done Les Arcs before so got all that area to cover first!)

Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I worked for Crystal a few years back as a rep and La Cachette was one of my hotels. It's fully catered and decent enough food, about a 3 star hotels. Rooms are very hit and miss, some are really large but others are tiny.

Snow-wise, early January should be fine and it's the cheapest time of year. You're probably best going for a late booking and try to get a bargain, unless the offer you already have looks quite tidy.

And yes, you can upgrade to a Discovery pass which gives you La Plagne for 1 day, I'd recommend doing that as opposed to the full Paradiski pass, Les Arcs has absolutely plenty to keep you occupied for a week.

The hotel bar is very quiet but there is (or was) a bar called L'Abreuvoir which was tied in to the hotel in some way, worth seeing if the bar voucher is good for there too as its a better and bigger bar. They do live music there too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep been a few times new year or early Jan - snow never a problem. Enjoy! Aj x
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
MCL, already booked into that hotel in jan next year. Been to les arcs before and no problem with snow levels
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for replies, think we'll get booked up then Very Happy

We can definitely live with a quiet bar and a small room!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have skied Arc1600 on new years day for the last 11 years and snow has never been a problem. L'Abreuvoir was certainly there last year and did have live music a couple times. It used to be connected to the hotel but I doubt if they will accept your bar vouchers (150 euros will buy a lot of beers).

IIRC a 1 day extension to a Les Arcs lift pass cost about 30 euro and you can buy them from the lift pass office in Vallandry. But to be honest its not really worth it. You will find plenty in Les Arcs for a week or two.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Very Happy that's us booked up for the 3rd Jan! ....now how many weeks is that.... Very Happy
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MCL wrote:
Very Happy that's us booked up for the 3rd Jan! ....now how many weeks is that.... Very Happy

sweet, enjoy!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That was good timing too- Booked Sun night and the prices went up by £30pp on Mon! Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy