Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What's on in Samoens? Is there much to do off the Slopes?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I'm taking away a group that ranges from 20s to 50s. I'm looking at Samoens for it's easy airport links, ski area etc. but with such an age spread I'm concerned about finding things to do around the Town. Some will be happy with a little shopping / sightseeing and a quiet night in and others will be camped out in what I understand are the few bars. I'm not expecting Val D'Isere but we've stayed at Les Carroz and things like the Night Ski or music nights where ideal. How quiet is this quiet little village?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Samoens is one of my favourite resorts and we've been there more than anywhere else, the town itself is pretty picture postcard there's some nice restaurants and the usual ski shops plus some good local shops selling local produce and an ice rink if that takes your fancy. The bars are lively enough to keep most people happy as long as they don't want to go clubbing till 5 in the morning. Coveys is pretty popular for the young crowd and is open till late, the good thing is because is a town rather than resort eating out is quite reasonable. The ski area is fantastic and one hint to avoid the end of day lift queues down to samoens is to ride down to morillon and to catch the bus back to the village.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Francium & thanks for the tip about the lift queues too. What's the peak time for queues & do you know roughly what time the last lift down is at Samoens? I've had a quick look at the bus timetable and if I'm reading it right buses from Morillon are about every 20 minutes high season and 40 minutes low, is that right?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The only places you tend to get queues are for the gondola up first thing in the morning and then after 4 in the afternoon can't remember what time it closes off the top of my head, the only othee queue you really get is at the gondlola station over in flaine to get to the top of the resort, can't recommend flaine enough if there's good snow the off piste is great and try to do the cascades run if it's open it goes though some beautiful countryside and is 14km top to bottom and if vis is bad head over to les carroz and play in the trees, yeah that sounds about right for the buses.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy