Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BBrrrrrr ..... but the sky is blue ....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
OK ... now the temperature is dropping it feels like the run-in to the season. In Cambridge its distinctly chilly this morning. No cycle run for me this morning, too many domestics and building tasks to do. But the temps are making me itch for sliding.

Trouble is, I have a feeling in my bones. I remember dry autumns like this. Great for cycling and climbing. And I remember arriving in L2A to see the lower slopes green, not white, at Christmas. The next time Autumn was like this I remember mud-hopping at Crans for months.

Well, I'm out in the Alps next weekend and I will look to see what the marmots are doing, what the berry crop is, and which other random and completely misleading signs of nature are about. No climbing on this trip, since it's a social round. Crampons and axes will be looked at longingly .... then put back in the cupboard.

Itching....and I can't scratch it.

So then there's the smell in the air ....snow...snow.....

Well...if there's no snow this year ... perhaps I'll get out the Amp B2 and do some things on a bike I haven't done before ...

http://youtube.com/v/xQ_IQS3VKjA

The Cullin Ridge????? On a bike ????

Respect.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Video is going Viral at the moment... some crazy stuff.. Sheffield has been chilly the past couple of days too, certainly ready for the season!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scrambling up Inn Pinn with a bike just to pose at the top. Bit of a let-down really. If he'd cycled down again, now that would have impressed.

At the end is he saying "Oh *****, tide's come in, should have pulled the boat up the beach?"
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The truly amazing thing about that video is the weather. Light winds and glorious sunshine on Skye? as if.

I do like the way they show the somersault over a fence three times, because all the preceding segment wasn't very exciting but doing a forward over barbed wire? That's clearly a league above!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Well, it will be 25 degrees at the end of this week here near Geneva, so I won't be dusting off my skis just yet.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy