Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids ski lessons including lunch

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone advise of resorts/ski schools they have use for kids that have a 'bolt on' supervised lunch option. I know there are a few ESF schools that do it and also Spirit 1950 who we've used in Les Arcs 1950. We found Spirit 1950 to be great with the kids.

Any recommendations appreciated.

Thanks,

Mally
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
It's common in Austria to have 2 hours instruction in the morning, optional 2 hours supervised lunch then another 2 hours instruction in the afternoon.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Depends where? Do you mean France? If you are looking elsewhere I can recommend Fiss-Ladis for a great kids ski school with flexible (i.e. can organise by the day) supervised lunches. Like musher said, it's quite common practice in Austrian ski schools.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Evolution 2 in Montchavin/Les Coches do it. Evolution 2 are in other resorts, e.g. Tignes.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Used esf in tignes le lac last year. they only offered it as an option for kids that did both morning and afternoon lessons and had to be booked over the phone. They were great with our 7 year old last year and the food she got was fantastic.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
"Village Des Enfants" in Avoriaz
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Most Colorado ski schools offer this as part of full day lessons.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
scuola sci bormio offer this with there kindergarten package. http://www.scuolascibormio.it/index.htm
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We used this service in Verbier - Swiss Ski School, I think. And 'Ski Big 3’ lessons around Banff include lunches for kids; I would expect it to be fairly normal wherever whole day lessons are offered.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Our children enjoyed several years learning to ski with Skischule Activ in Saalbach-Hinterglemm - http://www.skischule-activ.at/index2.php They offer tuition morning and afternoon with supervised lunch in their own restaurant next to the ski lift (nuggets and chips, etc - perfect for the kids). They also picked up the children in the morning from our hotel and took them to their meeting place. We always stayed at the Hotel Lengauerhof in Hinterglemm (http://www.lengauerhof.at/index_english.htm). We always received a warm welcome and they are very child-friendly. Not ski-in ski-out, but the ski bus stops right outside and runs to all the lifts along the valley. The hotel also offers its own horse and sleight rides in the evenings up through the woods to a mountain restaurant - always a big hit with the kids!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The first year I took the kids they did a full day including lunch with ESF in Avoriaz.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Evolution 2 are also present over in Les Arcs. We rate them very highly.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ESF in Meribel definitely did a lunch option. Needed booking in advance but the guests I had that used it said it was a good service. Can't remember if it had to be a full day of lessons but think it could be taken with a morning lesson only. Some tour operators will let you book them in advance.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If you book with Esprit they offer it. Kids taken to lessons in the morning. Brought back for lunch and then either taken back for less formal teaching in the afternoon or stay in the chalet for Snow Club.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Each to their own I suppose, but I was always glad that I only ever put our kids in ski school for half day sessions. They needed the lessons to learn (don't we all?), but it was fun to ski as a family for the rest of the time so they could show what they had learned and to lunch together. Perhaps the OP could consider only half day ski school and then they wouldn't be limited to finding somewhere with a lunch option? Just an idea.
snow report
Megamum wrote:
Each to their own I suppose, but I was always glad that I only ever put our kids in ski school for half day sessions. They needed the lessons to learn (don't we all?), but it was fun to ski as a family for the rest of the time so they could show what they had learned and to lunch together. Perhaps the OP could consider only half day ski school and then they wouldn't be limited to finding somewhere with a lunch option? Just an idea.

Couldn't agree more. When I went with my 6 year old to Val d'isere I booked the supervised lunch and afternoon Snow Club on thd assumption that a morning would be enough for him. How wrong I Was. The first few days he went for lunch other the other kids but came straight back out with me in the afternoon. We eventually gave up with that and stayed out on the mountain with other families. I loved skiing with him. At no point did I wish I could do my own thing. If I wanted to do hard stuff I did that in the morning.

This year I haven't bothered booking supervised lunch or Snow Club. I'll pick him up after his morning lessons, ski a bit more, grab some lunch and then ski with him for the rest of the afternoon.

There were quite a few families who dropped their kids with the Esprit staff at 8:30 and collected them again at 18:00 after they had had their evening meal. As you say, each to their own, but that isn't my idea of a family holiday.
snow report
We've done this in L2A and Ellmau. The first 2 days in Ellmau we met Jnr for lunch as this what the instructor wanted, after that the instructor preferred to be out with them all day so they could go further afield.

We found the cost between half day and full day ski school not a huge amount more, so we just pulled Jnr out for the day/afternoon to ski with us when he/we wanted to. Usually he was having far too much fun with his new mates and instructor to want to ski with us - this was especially the case in Ellmau.
ski holidays
New Generation are now offering 2 afternoons of bolt on kids afternoon sessions. It is called "Ride Tribe"
latest report
Oxygene in Plagne 1800 do a lunch-club option too.
ski holidays
New Gen are really great and have booked them this year with 2 days ride tribe. They are in the 3V and a few other resorts. A British run ski school. However, they usually only run kids lessons in school holiday weeks - so if you are travelling outside of school hols they might not be running kids lessons.

Magic in Motion in Meribel, La Tania & Courcheval also offer 2 full days with lunch in their Kids Fun Factory. Have used them a few times and also very good - would have booked them for this year again but then saw that New Gen were offering Ride Tribe.

Two full days gives a good balance as we ike to ski with the kids in the afternoon - but good to have a whole day to go further afield.

Would highly recommend both of them. We have a discount for guests and friends we refer to them so please PM me if you decide to book with either of them.
snow report
Standard in Whistler Kids but guess you did not think of going so far. You drop them off at 9 and pick them up at 3:15. They cater for anything from a single day to 5day camps, right up to so very extreme ride tribe for teenagers. Worked brilliantly for us.

Oh and they all speak english (well mainly Australian but they can be understood)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy