Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski boot sizing .Need to buy on line.

Poster: A snowHead
radu

Hello!Iam 50 years old ,100 kg.and my street shoe size is13,5 -14 us,31,5 mondo,49 europe.!i own the salomon performa 8,size 31-31,5(on the shell),31,5 on the liner!?. old model,2006.To replace those I thik to head adapt edge,size 32(they do not make the 31,5 size) 120.,salomon x120.I have to buy on line,and i am aware of the risk.Please,I think i would much benefit from your professional advice on sizing,brand,model of ski boot. that will fit my long but narrow feet!!!!!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Don't do it.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Serriadh, he said has to buy online and is aware of the risk, let's try and help the new guy eh?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dont do it
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
holidayloverxx wrote:
Serriadh, he said has to buy online and is aware of the risk, let's try and help the new guy eh?

There's a chance of it going wrong, and the end result being unpleasant enough to spoil a holiday. After the boots have been bashed up for a week on piste, it might be hard to return them. The cost and inconvenience of travelling to a bootfitter (or even buying in resort) should be evaluated in that light.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Serriadh, you know that and i know that.....and i expect he knows that. It strikers me though that unless e is planning to ski on a remote local hill there must be an opportunity to buy in resort.

radutimofeiov, sorry I have no sensible advice to give
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd say that all the OP can do is to read every review he can on the boots and especially look at the comments left by other people regarding volume, fit and sizing. With a large foot size and potentially not having shops available locally it may be that buying off the net is the only viable alternative.

Remember that each shell size comes with liners that cover the half sizes between these. If you buy a boot and it is a bit small then a bootfitter may later be able to punch out pressure points and adapt it to fit. If bought too big you are stuffed.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 4-10-14 19:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
if you currently have size 31/31.5 (which is the same shell anyway) then 32 will be too big.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Flaine skier, Not necessarily, I have been looking at size charts just lately to fit a UK size 8 foot and it I look at a Salomon chart it gives a different Mondo size for that to other brands so I tend to think that there could be a difference in the Mondo sizes between brands. The OP is talking about going from a Salomon to a Head boot, it could well mean a different Mondo size to get the same effective length between the two brands. NB. I also know that there shouldn't be as Masque said recently that the Mondo size should be the foot length in mm, but the brand based sizing charts I looked at seemed to suggest that differences do exist. Therefore the OP could be correct in their assessment.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Head Edge for narrow feet? That's changed then.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My suggestion would be to go smaller. If 31.5 is not existing, get 31 and not 32. If 31 is too small, it can be stretched. With a bit experience you can do it yourself, if not, it will cost a bit, but can be done. Getting too big boot smaller is not possible.
As far as "fitting" goes, don't worry Wink Every boot can be fitted to your foot, it just depends how much work is needed, but on the end, it can be done, and with race boots it's only option anyway, so you won't be only one doing something like this Wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
jogi, Even with race boots, sometimes they just suit your foot shape and may only need minor adjustments which can be done the next day. But yes, if you want performance then the closer fitting boot will need to be tailored to your individual foot... but it does lead to so much more precision when you try to make your skis turn Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
if you are happy with your Salomon sizing (31.5), I would stick with the Salomon

The problem will be finding someone who stocks your size !!

Snow and Rock have these --

http://www.snowandrock.com/salomon-x-pro-100-2014/ski-boots/ski-snowboard-outdoor-sports/fcp-product/50356?listing=true

http://www.snowandrock.com/salomon-x-pro-130-2014/ski-boots/ski-snowboard-outdoor-sports/fcp-product/63614?listing=true
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thank you!Head adapt edge was just a suggestion.I will buy any brand that will do the job....But maybe you can help me in my second important problem.I own the atomic metron b5 172 cm,side cut 133/76/116.very old model(2006)Soon i will need to replace them.Do you have any suggestion for a modern ski similar to the metrons?The official answer from Atomic to this question was"the beta technology is no more available .There is no direct descendant
of the metrons in the market today" Maybe s.h. the same model?
I could order the atomic m11b5 from u.s.Can you suggest a matching binding? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Atomic Redster double decker SL lol. You will have lots of fun or kill yourself Laughing
snow conditions
radutimofeiov, if it's any help I wear Head boots and have always been of the feeling that they are often recommended for people with wider feet. When I have been for fitting I have been offered Salomon boots as something with a slightly narrower last (but still reasonably wide), but they didn't work for my wide feet when I tried them on and I ended up with Head boots again. This makes me think that Head is possibly the wider last. If you don't have a narrower foot then maybe the Salomon's might be worth sticking with.
snow conditions
[quote="Scarpa"][b]jogi[/b], Even with race boots, sometimes they just suit your foot shape and may only need minor adjustments which can be done the next day.[/quote]
True, but you need to have so "standard" foot that there's not many chances more then few skiers on World have it. On whole WC tour (in many years not just lately) I know for one single one, who never really needed much of work on boots, but that's pretty small percentage Smile But yes, I agree it can be, and if you are lucky to have such feet, it can be done. At least me personally, I have never been this lucky... unfortunately.
latest report
radutimofeiov, The safest bet would be to check the last width on the pair you have and are happy with, and choose the 'current' version of the boot you have by Salomon, double checking the last width is the same.

The issue is that there is a reasonable amount of size and design variation from brand to brand. I was chatting to the UK distributor yesterday of a well regarded boot brand who mentioned than despite being in the group, different brands have different shell designs, so a 28 in one boot will be very different to a 28 in another.
ski holidays
Thank you!I will stick with the saloman brand.Iam thinking at the salomon x pro 100.Do someone know if the shell is "3D MOLDABLE,AS ADVERTISED,AND IS THIS PROCESS effective?Also for the liner...I will buy the 31,5 size,hoping they will have the same lenght as in 2006 made item(salomon performa 8)The molding fitting made in the ski boot store is only for the width?My feet are long,but narrow....
latest report
Salomon performa is 100 103 last,flex 90
latest report
I thought at head first,because they advEdtise THE ONLY SKI BOOT WITH TWO LASTS(ADAPT EDGE).Do someone have experience with those?
Size 31 is small. I think of ordering two boots same brad,same model,one size 31,5 and the other 32,and returning one of them.Will this solution lead to the and of my ordeal?
ski holidays
radutimofeiov, i don't normally get involved with threads like this but there is SO MUCH BS being talked i have to

you said you have a long narrow foot.... in which case AVOID the head adapt edge it is a 102mm last measured in a size 27.5 shell, (makes it about 110/112mm in a 31 )
the salomon X Pro is also wide it is a 100-106mm last (the 106 is the size it can supposedly expand to) this time measured in a 26.5 so again is a high volume fitting ski boot, for this boot the shell is 31.0-32.5 MASSIVE

the biggest problem is unless you are properly measured and try things on you will almost always get something too big, you need an accurate length of your foot in cm and from there it may be possible to get the right size (because it measures 31.6cm does not mean you need the 32)

no one brand makes only narrow or only wide boots they ALL make a range of them, lots of comment about head making wide boots, yes they do, but they also make the one of the narroest boots on the market with the raptor B5/B3/B2 none of which are suitable for you, and none of which are available in anything bigger than a 29.5

Lange make some "narrower" boots in big sizes, possibly the RX100 LV would work but we are guessing here, but more likely with your 100kg body weight the 130 flex version softened slightly would be a better option as you will crush the 100 (not all flexes are equal, the old salomon 90 from way back will have stiffened a little as the plastic degrades, sometimes it gets softer but for some reason we see that boot and it goes more brittle and stiff then soft

i have to ask, where on earth do you live that you cannot get to a shop to be at least measured
latest report
romania .former comunist state,backward country.WE young people at the time,VAVO TO LEARN ENGLISH IN HIDING,Party banned all "capitalist"sports,even tennis court was plough...Nice childhood ceausescu.....
snow report
Why not buy the in resort or rent then order online when you have found a boot that fits?

http://www.grupposunino.com/eng/op/index.html
ski holidays
the nearest resort is too far.
latest report
radutimofeiov, sounds difficult. Though just a question if you don't mind please? If the nearest resort is 'too far' where are you hoping to use the skis, do you have a back country mountain locally that you hope to ski on? I think we expected you to visit a resort for a ski holiday and perhaps could then try on and perhaps buy boots there. Do you not intend to ski at what we would call a ski resort? If you are hiking up and skiing down a local hill will you need standard alpine boots, or something different?
ski holidays
Romania has a good few ski boot manufacturing plants, i am surprised there are not some stores that offer anything, even basic fitting is better than on line
ski holidays
excatly, one of my boots were actualy 'made in Romania' - if I remember it correctly, it was Salomon Mission 10 ...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
1 yes,it is true salomon is made in romania ,in Timisoara,but they do not sell anything here,all items are shipped back to france(metz).If you think salomon xpro 100,is too soft,120 maybe?size 31,5.(100 kg!!!)I wrote to salomon france,maybe a special shipment to bucharest?not very high hopes.....
2 I have a ski resort here,but they do not have a boot fitter.
3.Previous on line orders:full tilt classic 31,too small,raichle size13 too small.Had to return them.
ski holidays
Were the Full Tilts too short, or too narrow, or both?
snow report
too short.
snow report
And it was the biggest size available!!!
snow conditions
Atomic hawks:very up right stance,and wide!!
snow conditions
radutimofeiov, if you're in Bucharest, http://www.himalaya.ro/ro/produse/categoria--schisnowboard-schi-alpin-clapari-schi-coborare-141?offset=20
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy