Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val D'isere Action outdoors / UCPA Ski Holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all!
I have just booked onto a half time ski instruction course with UCPA through action outdoors, just wondering if anyone has been on this holiday or been to a UCPA holiday in Val D'isere, what to expect?

Thanks
Sam Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi Sam,

I went to Tignes UCPA in April and had a great time whilst doing half time ski lessons. I went on my own and met some other fellow Brits there which was great. Some of those on full time lessons went to the UCPA centre in Val to have lunch and said that it was nice. The food is surprisingly good and plenty of it too! I'm sure that you'll have a great experience. When are you going?

Jason
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Jason

Thanks for the insight, I am going the first week in January 3rd-10th coaching it from London. I will also be going through on my own so hoping to bump into a few brits for a bit of apres after a long days skiing!

Sam
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I also took the snow express coach. Make sure you're tired on the way out to ensure you force yourself to sleep on the way out. Sleep on the way back home should be a lot easier after a busy week.

Enjoy!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Samc12, Sounds goods, I was on the UCPA Val D'Isere last year from the 20th, coached out of London, going again this year.
Place is really good, the center is tidy and pretty spacious. and the food is amazing. We had half time instruction and skied back to the resort every day for a decent lunch.. center is really close to the solaise and olympic lifts/gondolas so you can walk straight from the center.. If the snow coverage is down to the village you can ski to within 100m of the center no problems (you might be lucky by the 10th Jan).
good bar and that onsite so good social place as well..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi Everyone,

I have just booked the 10-17 January Val d'Isere holiday with Action Outdoors. I am also travelling on my own, flying in to Geneva from Southend. I don't have anything to add as this is my first time with UCPA but if there's any other Brits going give us a shout!

Dan
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Launchpad, sure there will be a few up that time, im heading in this week so couple weeks in front.. Will let you know how the place is looking this year when I get up there.. Good social place
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@SFieldes, I was torn between Tignes and Val d'Isere but the latter won over in the end, mainly because the town is apparently much prettier. If you could provide an update that would be great. I'm hoping it won't be too busy around this time.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
you wont be disapointed im sure, i was at Val D last year and was great. The town has plenty of bars.. Will let you know later on .. snowing there today a bit
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have been to most UCPA centres with AO and my review on Val is as follows:

The centre is one of the oldest so no frills there but it is in a perfect location.
It is not far to stroll into town for a decent night out and it is a very short walk to the slopes.

Val is the best town in the alps imho. The nights out are amazing, loads of places to go and great music.
The food is damn good as is usual for UCPA but I can't comment on entertainment as there wasn't any the 2 times I went,

I would recommend skiing to UCPA Tignes for lunch one day which they allow.

UCPA Val is a better night life than anywhere else, good for getting to the slopes but not as good as La Plagne but not the best centre.

However, you will have an amazing time!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good stuff. I've heard so many people compliment the food at this place it's crazy. I'll definitely try to get down to Tignes.

Getting all the old ski stuff out is making me super excited. Half of it doesn't even fit!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Bump. 5 days to go!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy