Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ptarmigan Restaurant (Cairngorm) in Name Change

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
dode,

Yes - but neither ground has ever been known as anything else, so there would be no need for the fans to refer to them as Maine Road or Highbury. Likewise, Sunderland, Leicester, Southampton, Swansea, Hull & Stoke have all changed grounds, so fans referring to old names would be referring to different grounds entirely.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think the Etihad stadium was formerly known as Eastlands and prior to that as the city of Manchester Stadium
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bergmeister, M535man, gotcha, never realised they all moved the stadia all well as the names.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Maybe they should move it too, if altis is correct, up another 17m wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dode,

I'm puzzled. Sorry if I'm being thick but..... When the clubs changed grounds they could never have referred to the new ground under the name of the old one, as it was an entirely different ground in an entirely different place. So, Sunderland fans were never going to refer to the new stadium as Roker Park as it quite clearly isn't Roker Park.......

Am I missing something?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
And, sorry to labour the point, but Manchester City FC moved in to the City of Manchester Stadium in 2003, then agreed a sponsorship deal with Etihad Airways in 2010, so for 7 years after leaving Maine Road, they referred to their home stadium as the City of Manchester Stadium officially, and Eastlands unofficially.

So, there is one team at least in the premiership currently, who has renamed their existing stadium to suit a sponsor.

IMO 'the Etihad' is a daft name and I still use Eastlands when referring to MCFC's home, but then again I still annoy my wife by referring to 'The O2' as the Millenium Dome Very Happy

Inconsistently, 'The Emirates' doesn't sound daft, as it's never been anything else, but the thought of referring to Ibrox as the Sports Direct Arena fills me with dread and murderous rage in equal measures Twisted Evil
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
[quote="

Inconsistently, 'The Emirates' doesn't sound daft, as it's never been anything else, but the thought of referring to Ibrox as the Sports Direct Arena fills me with dread and murderous rage in equal measures Twisted Evil[/quote]

What about Sevco 2012 Arena?

COYR
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
^ lesser of two evils Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
M535man, I thought they just rebranded the old stadia, never realised they all moved too.

+100 on Ibrox, makes me shiver... And all for one smackeroonie...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
altis wrote:
It's not even 1097 according to the OS 1:50k map - more like 1080.

Fantastic - at least Salomon would be happy with that ?sponsorship??
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy