Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort with Ice Skating too

Poster: A snowHead
Any suggestions for a european resort suitable for early intermediate skiers with good indoor and outdoor ice skating for a non skier who prefers blades and flat ice to the piste.
We're an adult only group with a keen ice skater so looking for the best of both worlds.

Thanks

Martin
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Alpe d'huez?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
In my experience, when there's an outdoor rink advertised in a resort it either hasn't been in action (Passo Tonale) or was teeny tiny (Les Arcs 1800). However there are excellent indoor rinks in a few places - sometimes built for Winter Olympics. There's an full-sized Olympic rink in Courchevel that I've been too, which rents out relatively decent figure skates as well as hockey skates. I skated there when the local kids were practising, who were seriously good and amazing to watch. The rink at Meribel looked decent, too.

Either of those resorts would work well, although they're not exactly cheap. You might get lucky with a deal for central Meribel or Courchevel 1800, but in both places there are good resort bus services connecting the satellite areas.

I don't know details of other resorts, but anywhere that's held the Olympics will have an indoor rink.

What else are you looking for in your trip? When are you thinking of going?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Samoens have a nice ice rink, and some good runs for intermediate skiers.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skiermartin, anywhere with a decent local ice hockey team will at least have indoor facilities. E.g. Chamonix.

Outdoor facilities suffer from the obvious laws of thermodynamics.

Murren has a proper sized outdoor curling rink.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mayrhofen had an ice rink anout 3 years ago. Presume it still does.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Zell am See. Can skate on the lake and if it's not sufficiently frozen, there's an ice rink too.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I probably should say it's the wife who is the skater and she has her own figure skates. In fact she has 2 pairs.
We're looking to go February time but are flexible.
Some good suggestions especially looking at Olympic and hockey venues.

We've never skiied in France, so know nothing about the resorts there ( have been to Austria in the past).
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skiermartin, Do look up the school holiday (and Fasching) dates before deciding where and when to go, unless you positively enjoy lift queues.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skiermartin,
Davos has both indoor and outdoor rinks the outdoor claims to be Europes biggest natural rink.Great skiing as well and very good scenery.

http://www.davos.ch/en/news/up-to-date-reports/ice-rinks.html
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Morzine has both, and although we did not try the outdoor rink the indoor one was a dream. None of us had ever skated on such a perfect surface. It is also a good resort for intermediate skiers with plenty of other activities too.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Definitely food for thought. Is there such a thing as Apres Skate I wonder!!!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skiermartin wrote:
Is there such a thing as Apres Skate I wonder!!!

Only after quite a few beers when still wearing ski boots Embarassed Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Obergurgl has an outdoor rink, it was certainly open when I was there in feb this year.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
and Seefeld also...
ski holidays
CaravanSkier wrote:
Morzine has both, and although we did not try the outdoor rink the indoor one was a dream. None of us had ever skated on such a perfect surface. It is also a good resort for intermediate skiers with plenty of other activities too.

The outdoor one's a temporary one right in the middle of town and really just child entertainment. The indoor one though is down in the gorge and the real deal - it's home to the Morzine Penguins ice hockey team.
latest report
skiermartin wrote:
Any suggestions for a european resort suitable for early intermediate skiers with good indoor and outdoor ice skating for a non skier who prefers blades and flat ice to the piste.
We're an adult only group with a keen ice skater so looking for the best of both worlds.

Thanks

Martin

Yeah - The one in Alpe D'Huez is a full size Hockey Ice Rink ( Outdoor) right next to Place Jean Moulin - we used it in January as my son plays Ice Hockey. It is open late into the evening as well and was a reasonable price ( 9 Euro seems to stick in my mind)
ski holidays
Les Deux Alpes has an ice rink too.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy