Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Behind the scenes at a ski resort - Les Gets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Valais2's post reminded me of this video that Les Gets made a couple of years ago showing how a ski area is prepared, secured and maintained. And it's got subtitles.

http://youtube.com/v/_YQfmZHsZJ8

SNOW!

ETA - Even now they're working on the lifts, well, not now, but today. They're rebuilding the top station of the Chavannes bubble, checking all the pylons, doing maintenance on the Chavannes and Ranfolly lifts, and that was just today.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
MeMyselfandI, very good to hear!
When we were there in September there was a huge amount of earth being moved up to beside the school, and all widened up there. The earth had come from great digging work going on in front of the Crychar - underground car park do you think?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
New piste I think.

Possibly in preparation for the as yet unconfirmed link across to Mt Chery which will eventually be backed up (apparently) by having a return from Mt Chery to Perrieres et voila, circuit!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
MeMyselfandI, looked like a new, or much widened piste there. But the very large hole? we could only think that they are extending the Crychar hotel and including underground car parking.

Do you mean going across to Mt Chery from near the school, but returning to Perrieres area, or also to Perrieres?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not really possible to get to the Perrieres car park but there is a route (currently off piste) to just behind the Chinfrey hotel would involve crossing a road and then a short walk to get to Perrieres.

Andy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
MeMyselfandI, had not seen the video before, and although you kind of know these jobs are being done, it was interesting to see what goes on. Over three years since I last skied Les Gets, but always fond of it as both my girls started there, the first trip now over ten years ago - where did the time go?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I watched that last year, before then I had no idea how complex the process of keeping a ski resort running is. Made me appreciate just how hard all the Sagets staff work.

I'm trying to get my head around the link from the school to Mt Chery. Its not a huge distance between the two, but goes right across the heavily built up town centre. I am not an engineer, but surely there needs to be at least one pylon in the middle to hold the cable up, and if so where would it go?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
MeMyselfandI, …excellent vid ….and all so we can go sliding….
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy