Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow chains Morillon ???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, driving to morillion at christmas not sure what car I am taking yet (am a used car dealer) does anyone know where the rules for having to have snow chains in the car apply. Is it pretty much all of the Alps? or do the signs appear only on the higher altitude roads? Not driven there before so advice from fellow snow heads greatly appreciated.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yep you'll need to be carrying snow chains on the road up to Morillon pretty sure the chains mandatory starts just after Cluses. Only needed mine once on that road when we arrived in the middle of a storm.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Colinski, when you decide, make sure you have chains which fit your car. They are available in garages etc on way out, but personal preference would be to buy before leaving UK and to practice putting them on one dry afternoon, so you're practiced when it's dark and snowy!

An old mat to kneel on, head-torch and thin pair of gloves are recommended
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Are you in Morillon village or higher up? I think you have to have them but when we were stayed in Morillon village, there was very little snow on the ground so we never used them. Saying that, you can never predict how much there'll be so I could be utterly wrong
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Despite Morillon being pretty low (assuming you're meaning the village as opposed to the ski station itself), the snow can get pretty heavy down there... I've been in Samoens before in pretty hairy conditions so yep, def advise taking them...

I am not sure I know where the 'mandatory' thing starts but I know, for example, they close the road up to Les Carroz at the very base, just outside Cluses, in bad weather... Unless you have chains on...

Personally I hate chains... I have so many pairs in the loft, redundant, now as I have sold cars on and they no longer fit the new car... The snow socks are very good these days...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone, we are staying in the village which is pretty low. Am thinking I may after deciding what car to take order a set from the relevant parts dept and if don't get used you usually have 30 days to return unused parts to the dealer Smile (naughty I know)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy