Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR: Courchevel 1550 - Chalet Trois S

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Forgot to do this at the time it seems...

Resort: Courchevel 1550
Date: Early April 2014
Our holiday: Couple
Tour Operator: Ski World

Flights & Transfers: Pretty good, decent times, friendly staff - better than most for sure 8/10

Operator: Ski World - Chalet staff were a bit young and untried, but no problems. Reps older and very friendly. Average-Good 7/10

Chalet: Lovely! One of the nicest lounges we've ever had - spacious and interesting with two levels and lots of sofas. Bedrooms full size with fitted wardrobes and enormous windows. This was clearly a very nice private house at some point. If you get a room on the top floor it is unbelievable value for money. Downstairs is more of a pain as you need to put your shoes on to get to dinner/sofas. True ski in/out - even in early April and the run home is easy to get to, nice and wide and a reasonable pitch (and snowmade). Boots are kept inside the main hallway by the radiators and were always warm and dry. Would go again anytime. 10/10 for the price it's at.

Ski Hire: Trawled the town as we'd failed to pre book - all absolutely fine/very similar. Take your pick from your favourite pre-booking site.

Weather:Fantastic glorious sun and the pistes held up amazingly. Bit icy in the morning and slushy low later but still some fantastic runs to be had and lovely afternoons sat in the the sunshine for lunch. 9/10

Runs: Excellent, being in 1550 just means you get a great last blast home. I've always shunned Courchevel a bit as it's so pricey, but having stayed there I see the appeal, tough slopes which hold up well late season, we were very very happy, every day had at least a couple of cheesy grin awesome runs. Will edit later to add my favourites if I can find my trip notes. Only downside is that getting out of 1850 is actually a bit of a faff, choice of two very slow gondolas...so....slow....and the runs back to 1850 are pretty much flat, we were always glad to be going onto 1550 which is a much nicer last run 9/10

Mountain Food: I usually find 3v pricey, but in the spring sunshine courchevel is suprisingly doable - we sat out and had perfectly reasonable priced panini. 2 meals+drinks for 12E at the folie cannot be faulted, and a single trip to meribel for the sherpa burger and we had a surprisingly cheap and tasty week 8/10.

Town: 1550 is recommended, yes it's just a road, but it was nice to be in, with everything you need. We preferred it to 1650 and 1850. Plus the sledging run (from the free gondola back to 1850) was AWESOME - I would return just for that Smile

SkiSchool: We used New Gen having always heard good things and were very disappointed. TERRIBLE private lesson with an instructor who was a) lost and b) clueless. Complained and tried to cancel the remaining lessons and ended up compromising on cancelling our offpiste day but still paying for our second private - which in fairness the director himself took, but as it was then just a single 2 hour session wasn't really enough for anything ground breaking. Fun and confidence inspiring, but not really a lot learnt - very dissappointed (and rather poorer). Also we didn't receive a feedback form for feefo or whatever it is they use.....

Apart from the latter would recommend 1550/Trois S to anyone and may even return next season - good value Courchevel - win!

aj xx
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy