Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Klint Pure - Freestyle Ski

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello
First time post, so please go easy Smile

I am looking at getting my own set of skis and have been told by an online store that Klint Pure are a good set to go for. I have since found out that Klint are no more as a company (which doesn’t really bother me) as the price seems pretty good (£200)

I am 191cm (6ft 3) and weigh 92kg (203lbs). I have skied 2 weeks and boarded 5. I am happy on blue and easy reds and am not really going to use them for anything else.
These are a freestyle ski but write up says it is good on piste too.

Is there any disadvantage to using a freestyle ski for just being on piste?

If anyone has experience of this model, what size would you recommend for my height and weight? I have been told 189cm which seems very large to me.

Does this ski sound like it would suit my requirements (based on my size and requirement for an beginner/intermediate ski for the piste) or is the shop potentially just selling me anything they can?

Any helpful comments would be gratefully received.
Cheers

James
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
They will be something of a compromise on piste compared with a dedicated ski. Remember, these skis have rocker so will feel shorter on piste. But really, they are not ideal if you have no ambition to venture off piste and do jumps or play about skiing switch. I used mid fat twin tips for everything for 6 years, on piste, off piste, parks, forests, touring etc. They were a great all rounder, but if I know that I will be sticking mainly on the pistes all day I now take out a pair of second hand slalom skis I picked up for £75 with bindings. Only 67mm underfoot and so much more fun on the piste.

As you have not done a great deal of skiing though, you may find that you want to try other aspects of the sport so in that case an all mountain ski may be a good idea. Something in the 80's underfoot and 180's cm in length but I am no expert. It may be worth hiring for a week but trying out a different ski each day and see what actually suits you.

Welcome to the forum Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Scarpa

Thanks very much for the reply.

Great idea on the rental of different types of ski but I think I might go with getting some second hand ones based on your reply. If I only want piste skis it sounds like these freestyles might be too much of a compromise.

Thanks again

James
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy