Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

GoPro 4 announced...

Poster: A snowHead
Typical as I ordered a Silver 3+ last week!!

HERO4 Black

Introducing HERO4 Black, the most advanced GoPro ever. Featuring improved image quality and a 2x more powerful processor with 2x faster video frame rates,1 HERO4 Black takes Emmy® Award-winning GoPro performance to a whole new level. Incredible high-resolution 4K30 and 2.7K50 video and high frame rate 1080p120 video enable stunning, immersive footage of you and your world. New Protune™ settings for both photos and video unlock manual control of Color, ISO Limit, Exposure and more. Waterproof to 131’ (40m) with 12MP photos at a blistering 30 frames per second and improved audio,1 HERO4 Black is the ultimate life-capture solution. - See more at:

http://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/cameras/hero4-black/CHDHX-401-EU.html#sthash.IUkbomc2.dpuf

HERO4 Silver

Capture your world in an all-new way with HERO4 Silver, the first-ever GoPro to feature a built-in touch display. Controlling the camera, framing shots and playing back content is now ultra convenient—just view, tap and swipe the screen. HERO4 Silver captures 1080p60 and 720p120 video with lifelike clarity, plus 12MP photos at a staggering 30 frames per second. New experience-enhancing features include HiLight Tag, which lets you mark key moments for easy playback, editing and sharing, and QuikCapture, which allows you to power on the camera and start recording with the press of a single button. Waterproof to 131’ (40m), HERO4 Silver combines versatility and pro-quality capture with the convenience of a touch display. -

See more at: http://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/cameras/hero4-silver/CHDHY-401-EU.html#sthash.fM1qhTc3.dpuf
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
iirc I did tell you they were about to announce the new one!!!!!!

already got my order in....

time to out the HD1, HD2's, HD3 Black's but will probably keep the Black+'s for a while methinks, though I said that last time and didn't get rid of them all.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ansta1, yeh but mine is from a works online deal, not a shop.....however it's not shipped whereas the other stuff I got has so maybe they will substitute for the latest Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nope the Silver is still in the official lineup. Now 5 cameras in the range.

NEW - Hero - budget (supposedly sub £100)
Hero 3 White
Hero 3 + Silver
NEW - Hero 4 Silver
NEW - Hero 4 Black

With the budget Hero there are probably going to be a whole lot more telletubbies on the mountain.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
1080p120 is going to be sweet but I'm going to hang onto my 3+ for another season I think.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
and 240fps at wvga quality if required.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/24/6840545/htc-teases-video-camera-ahead-of-october-event
Could be interesting ...
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So soon we will have telletubbies and submarines out on the slopes.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looks like the new Sony only with a right-angle at the end of it.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
oh whoopee, more videos of the tips of skis waggling back and forth, but now at 120 fps Crying or Very sad Confused
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You realise they aren't mandatory viewing? NehNeh
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
and MTBers inflicting their favourite band on everyone Wink
(fortunately GEMA, the music royalty cartel here, blocks all music on youtube, hence is a prior warning that the vid contains 5h1t music).

Wink

might get a budget one or a non-latest model. don't see much point in anything more than 1080p for novice/amateur youtube/vimeo use. although I have seen 4k monitors in the store now.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
£310 in the US, or £370 in the UK. Actually less of a margin than they had in previous versions.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
can't beat some high quality head cam footage
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The budget one doesn't come out of the housing.
snow report
was trying to decide between two of the clones like the sj4000 maybe one wifi and one non wifi or the gopro 3 black so might get one clone for now then get the gopro 4 black after xmas.
ski holidays
Also saw that there are releasing a cheap one for £100, I checked it on Gopro web site to confirm. Specks for 'The Hero'
1080p video at 30fps
720p video at 60fps
5MP stills at up to five frames a second
QuickCapture and Burst Photo modes
Wide-angle lens for getting more in your shots
Integrated waterproof housing that keeps your Hero dry to an advertised 131 feet
One drawback is the cameras' short battery life. Their batteries last under three hours. It’s a good option for GoPro newbies. but the Hero doesn’t have Wi-Fi or bluetooth capacities like the other two new GoPro models. All three are waterproof up to 40 meters
ski holidays
Yep, key points to consider, camera and housing are together and battery is not removable so it's charge the camera as one and you can't carry extra batteries. Still a good option though if money is tight.
ski holidays
So do these new 3 cameras co-exist with the existing 3+ range, or will they stop producing the entire 3+ range??
latest report
3+black officially discontinued. Range is now

Hero
Hero 3white
Hero 3 silver
Hero 4 silver
Hero 4 black
latest report
ansta1 wrote:
Yep, key points to consider, camera and housing are together and battery is not removable so it's charge the camera as one and you can't carry extra batteries. Still a good option though if money is tight.

or a second camera. The biggie is that if you scratch the lens, well its scratched and that is that.

The SJ4000 may still be a better option than this camera. Be interesting to check the video quality and if the 60fps is true 60fps and not 30fps doubled at many of the cheaper chinese cameras do.
snow conditions
davidof wrote:
ansta1 wrote:

or a second camera. The biggie is that if you scratch the lens, well its scratched and that is that.

The SJ4000 may still be a better option than this camera. Be interesting to check the video quality and if the 60fps is true 60fps and not 30fps doubled at many of the cheaper chinese cameras do.

I don't think so, I am not sure without checking but the housing lens is replaceable on all other gopro housing, unlike the physical lens (if we exclude 3rd party mods or did jobs).
latest report
Anyone else find that the new GoPro4 vid sold them more on a drone than the camera?

Impressive stuff certainly, but for non-pro users posting on Vimeo/Youtube I'm not convinced it's a worthwhile upgrade (whereas the 3+ Black definitely was).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy