Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What shoes to wear in the snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I wear converses and trainers all the time and will be going away for the whole winter where it will be snowing. The paths can get really icey and can be covered in thick snow. I will be taking snow boots but when I go out to bars and restaurants I don't want to be wearing them. what other shoes should I take with me. I have brought these http://www.treds.co.uk/product/womens-footwear/trainers/dc/womens_pure_se/white-lime/sre
Do these trainers have enough grip on the sole to stop me from slipping around when I walk in the snow/ice. Will they ok to wear.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Whatever you wear, you'll slip on ice.

Those trainers look pretty, but also pretty crap for walking in snow and ice; not much grip and they will get wet in snow. Get some approach shoes if you want to be halfway practical (e.g. like these: http://www.gaynors.co.uk/brands/haglofs/womens/footwear/dp-79394/sk-182048/womens-vertigo-ii-q-gt?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=productsearch&gclid=CjwKEAjwhqShBRDS95LciqqaonISJADj1rgaqqLIDHT4zddmAJm1oKz6aYc5VSGT0iD7J8XtiG5TwhoCJMvw_wcB)

But loads of people will wear hiking boots or snow boots out to bars. Also loads of people just wear normal trainers and walk carefully and dry out wet shoes over night! Also it might not even be snowy in resort - I've only had snow on pavements in resort about 30% of the time probably.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Be hardcore, wear these http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Best-selling-spring-Autumn-sexy-brand-19cm-thin-ultra-high-heels-martin-boots-red-bottom-platform/1880240903.html?currencyType=GBP&af=ppc&isdl=y&src=Google&albch=Google&aff_short_key=6vYvMRFf&gclid=CM_4-t-zhsECFVGWtAodjFcA3Q and practice your balance Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
PaulC1984, I like it - where is the rest? Toofy Grin

But i gues we do not fit together:

http://www.scarpa.co.uk/trek/sl-activ/ Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sorel Boots.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Go onto Amazon and buy a few pairs of rubber stretchy spikes (like plate racks) they are really cheap and I buy a few pairs every season as there are always people that come to stay with inappropriate footwear.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
crampons might be better Smile and you can use them on a romantic hike to the MontBlanc too Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hyst, Sorry, I cut the selfie i took off at the ankles, you would have been terrified if I sent you the whole photo Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
PaulC1984, ordered size 15's. I should be a turn on for you at the S11BB. Don't tell the wife. Shocked
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Skate shoes are ideal. Grippy sole, tough, usually pretty waterproof.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
lechjohn, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Cant wait to see you dancing in them - at least I can blame the vomiting on something other than the alcohol Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I always wear approach trainers, proper hiking type soles and pretty comfy for all year use.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
PaulC1984 wrote:
lechjohn, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Cant wait to see you dancing in them

Dance ? I'd struggle to walk but at least there's a pole to hang on to in Peter's Bar - is it a date ?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You, me, a pole, high heals and beer - sounds like a cracking night Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Micro spikes as someone has already mentioned are your best bet, stretch silicone rubber with mini crampon spikes attached via chain underneath, you can pick them up for around a tenner on fleebay and can transfer from one set of shoes/trainers to another in a minute or so. Keep them in your coat pocket when not using just in case.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy