Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Iceland 2014/2015

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@mountainaddict, I'm disappointed you didn't get better weather particularly as Saturday was the best day this year! Glad you enjoyed yourselves though. Am looking forward to your photos.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@meh, AKA Jim Bowen.

Here's what you could have won! (Saturday was great!) wink

But seriously, thanks for all the advice you gave earlier. We accompanied Mountainaddict on the trip and had a brilliant time, despite the weather. It would have been nice to have seen some mountains though! No doubt MA will be posting some piccies soon. I'm also looking forward to seeing them.

I've just spotted the photo in the original post on this thread. Our mountain views were very similar to that shown in the photo.

Even though the weather was rubbish we wished we could have stayed longer. The scenery is stunning and anyone even remotely interested in geology would have a great time. The volcanic scenery is fantastic and one of the (several) highlights of the trip was hiking in the gap between the tectonic plates of Europe and America. Amazing really, if you like that sort of thing.... Then there was the whale watching, which we didn't have time to do. Then again, watching whales in almost freezing temperatures, 50 mph winds and a monsoon may not have been that enticing - and the whales would have been better off staying under!

We also spotted that they offer heliskiing until June, through Viking Heliskiing. It looks great and the prices aren't bad (relatively speaking). After experiencing the weather we had, however, I'd be concerned about the risk of booking a trip. The hire car had a sticker on the dashboard advising renters to take care when opening the doors in high winds. Then there was the other sticker about sand storms..... Probably says it all. Sad
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Bergmeister, glad you enjoyed yourself. The weather is pretty challenging and you definitely managed to arrive with a small storm so got the worst impression. It's normally reasonably settled from early April. The Heliski guys take advantage of the very long days so a downday is less impactful as you can fly later, skiing at midnight is pretty special.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Right then meh, here we go with a few snaps. We did see a few mountains and got some nice views from the ski area car park after we packed in skiing on the Saturday - Bergmeister must have been looking the other way Laughing

I've also attached some non-skiing photos (geysers, waterfalls & Reykjavic) for anyone who might be interested in visiting Iceland Very Happy

ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Awesome stuff, that last shot is about 100m away from my place as the crow flies. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:
that last shot is about 100m away from my place as the crow flies
Given the driving rain and perishing cold, we'd have given you a knock to put the kettle on if we'd known that wink.

So we were staying not far from you at all - (fantastic, posh apartment) right on the main shopping street, directly opposite the (ahem) P€nis Museum... Shocked Laughing. (Er, the website automatically changes that word to...'pint'??) We catered in on the first night and went out for a very enjoyable pizza, washed down with Viking beer, on night two.

Not very adventurous as far as eating puffin and whale etc was concerned - but we did all love the 'Skyr' yogurty dessert stuff. It's gorgeous. I've read it's not yogurt and is low fat/highly nutritious etc - so what is it Puzzled.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
It's sort of like cheese but urrm, different. Was it Eldsmiðjan for pizza? Just down the road from where you stayed? If so its a great choice.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@mountainaddict, cool trip Cool It's striking how familiar the resort looks in your pictures, so much so that one of the photos could be Glencoe's main basin.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just checked the receipt and yes, that was the place meh - excellent pizzas.

Lots of the scenery was very rounded, like Scotland, moffatross. But, when viewed from a distance on the approach road, the ski area looked like Weardale Smile.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy