Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How good can a little kid get?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
ansta1 wrote:
Just wait till you try a long steep t-bar with little-un on the other side that isn't pleasant at all.

I have SUCH fun with my kids at Glenshee on all their t-bars. even though they're competent skiers, there is little trickier than a massively unbalanced t-bar for either skier.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
and to the OP, there is NOTHING more fun than skiing those first green runs with your child/ children. it's a wonderfully simple pleasure experiencing their joy at being able to ski on snow all on their own.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
peanuthead wrote:
Was always gonna be just a matter of time before this thread degenerated into a my kid is the best skier in the planet competition

Sometimes I think this forum needs a 'like' button!!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
HoneyBunny wrote:
Sometimes I think this forum needs a 'like' button!!

Faithsdaddy likes this post
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ray Zorro wrote:
dogwatch wrote:
... but the Aldershot slope isn't going to bring anyone on to be ready to ski blues and reds...

It did with my girls. They did a Saturday morning club there for a few weeks as well as other lessons and it brought them on really well. Very comfortable on blues on their first trip.
Too long ago for me to remember how well they coped with their first red but I don't recall it being at all traumatic Confused

I started skiing on the Aldershot slope and had both beginner and the next level up courses and weekly practice under my belt before my first trip.
The first morning was a bit shaky but after that i was off. My kids also started in the Saturday morning class at Aldershot, the youngest at around 6. The first trip away the 8 and 9 year old boys were fine on the limited blue runs available but the 6 year old girl had problems. Too be fair it was very icy and only one slope open in Morzine over New Year (late 80s). They carried on with the lessons and the following year they were all fine on blues and the boys on some reds.

I did however do the ski school mornings for them and ski/other stuff in the PM even when they could all ski most reds. So to some extent it depends on the child and the snow conditions in resort just don't expect miracles.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
my youngest daughter started at 5 y/o and could outski me by the time she was 12/13 - the important bit is she has always enjoyed skiing with me as much as I have with her!! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
My daughter is 10 we started her sking at 5 she now races on dry slopes has completed esf competition level and will hammer down pretty much any slope with better technique than most adults I see.
The funny thing is if anyone asks how good she is I'll always say she's ok, there's nothing worse than a parent pushing a child out of their comfort zone by taking them down runs they're not ready for, put them in morning lessons and as other have said spend the afternoon cruising down nice easy blues with them. I still get the most pleasure spending the afternoon cruising round with her it's just now we've gone from the greens and blues to wherever we want to go.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy