Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

broken ski bindings help please

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Firstly I'm a snowboarder so I have no clue about skis Today my friend was out for his first days skiing of the year. He was using a set of skis just bought second hand. Well of course things went wrong. We adjusted the bindings to fit his boot. However during the day the back of one binding separated from the rest of the ski. There was a little tab that you lifted that allowed you to move the bindings back and it seems one of them came loose and separated. To make things worse one of the small parts has gone missing. (the tab)

So in the shop they first told us that the whole back section of the binding would have to be replaced (30 Euro) and secondly that the bindings were too small for the binding.

So if we have to adjust the bindings do new holes have to be drilled?
Does the whole back section have to be replaced?
Is it worth taking it to a shope to get it done as presumable this owuld cost 50+Ero for a set of skis worth 120E !!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This happened to my daughter last year when the rear binding parted company with the ski and fell apart. I managed to collect all the parts and she skied back to the hotel (from the top of 74 to Peissy) on one foot! It wasn't possible to re-assemble the binding. It turns out the bindings were too small for her new boots and had run out of adjustment and weren't properly engaged. The local shop redrilled the skis and supplied half a binding for 20 euros. Sounds like the same thing.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Diarmuid, I agree with Marvel that's what it sounds like. I've already PM'd you a good shop where they should help. However if you've lost one of the bits, they probably will have to replace the rear part of the binding. It's worth doing it right 'cos a broken leg/ACL tear will be a lot worse!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What make were the bindings?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Unfortunately bindings that work aren't cheap - you'd be hard pushed to get a decent new pair of bindings under E 120 so you might just have to suck it up. Sounds like they were crappy rental bindings anyway unless they were a rail-fit system thet some manufacturers adopt.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy