Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Need your valued opinions on where to go on honeymoon.

Date 29th November 04 for 2 weeks

Was thinking seriously on LL/Banff, but where else is worth a look. What about Whistler? Is it's base too low for this time of year.

Want good quality snow, plenty of nice tree lined intermediate runs, mountains eateries etc.

Can go anywhere, open minded.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Can't you put off your wedding a bit Very Happy

You could take a look on the Ski Club website - go to the resort section, pick the resort and look at historical snow conditions.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's a bit early for Whistler if you want to guarantee skiing to base, but if you are prepared to take the risk that you may have to download from mid-station, then you'll be OK, because if you're lucky, they may have their early season dump while you're there, in which case you'll get great powder.
Plenty of intermediate and above runs, the mountain restaurants aren't bad, and you can also come down to the base for lunch.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
LL/Banff might be a bit of a gamble, that early: that said, this year they had a good start to the season.

The end of November is the "Winterstart" festival: It coincides with the World Cup DH and SG at Lake Louise, and normally these are raced on a man-made ribbon of ice surrounded by bare grass. - This season (i.e. 2003) they had quite a bit of snow, so that most of the hill was open.

Sunshine Valley (nearer Banff than LL) has no snowmaking, but gets a lot more snowfall. Although it's not too far from the Lake, it gets a different weather pattern: the cloud piles up against the Continental divide, dropping itscontents on Sunshine. This means that you're likely to get reasonable coverage, although if it's a dry year there's no backup.

If it's cold enough, you might gert some skiing at Mount Norquay, the "local" hill to Banff. They have very extensive snowmaking. In fact they heavily rely on it because that part of the Bow valley is pretty dry (all the snow falls on Sunshine). It's a limited area, but has some good fast fall-line cruisers, and it's usually pretty empty. (I was there last week, and it was like having a private mountain!)

But hell, if you're on honeymoon, you won't be doing too much skiing anyway.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmmm... perhaps I should delay my wedding from September to a more snow-friendly date??
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy