Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

When is your school's Easter Holiday in 2015?

Poster: A snowHead
I've been looking at a deal for a possible families bash next Spring.
However, according to this school holidays calendar, the Easter hols are split, with some running 28th Mar - 11th Apr and others running a week later.

The middle week, when everyone's off seems like a non-starter but the following week segs nicely into the EoSB snowHead

So, who has their Easter holidays when?
I'm guessing that it goes mostly by county so, would you add your county to the comments box pls?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So far I am only aware of Hampshire having the later holiday weeks.

I would have been so up for this if I hadn't already booked to go to St Anton that week.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Surrey hols start on 28th March so not off that week.

I suspect there are many more places than Hampshire having the latter two weeks.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No kids at home as of 4/10/14 Toofy Grin

Great idea though admin Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
snowymum wrote:
Surrey hols start on 28th March so not off that week.

I suspect there are many more places than Hampshire having the latter two weeks.

There could be but I have asked people from a good number of different counties and to date we seem to be the odd ones out.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Daughter is off 21 March till 12 April (Yorkshire)
Son is off 28 March till 19 April (Edinburgh)

The school down the road is 28 March till 16 March (Ayrshire)

I think a lot of Scottish schools now take the first two weeks in April as an Easter holiday ever year then just add on an extra day or 2 if Easter falls early or late.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
muppet wrote:

Wow! A 12 day school year: that's some serious cutbacks in education spending!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
admin wrote:
muppet wrote:

Wow! A 12 day school year: that's some serious cutbacks in education spending!

Thats why my kids don't go there anymore
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
We're on the earlier holiday and as yet haven't booked anything for Easter so might be interested Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
NickyJ, Kent and Hertfordshire have later holidays I think. Some London boroughs have later holidays too.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
admin, No idea Very Happy One flown the nest the other at Uni, got there at last wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Northants starts 28th March
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
As per the reply, unfortunately (for the family bash idea anyway) the holiday is booked already for the full two weeks of Easter (in our case, or should I say Mini Roll's case, that's weeks 4th- 18th April, plus a bit either side).

Next year we may be interested tho'.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Admin - I forgot to clarify that I was just giving dates in my reply and would not be able to come to the bash. We have also booked two weeks already for next season.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
It certainly looks like the larger proportion of people are off during the earlier 2 weeks.
ski holidays
admin, Sorry did not see it was a "Bash" thought it was a servay. Sad
latest report
Hyst, it is a survey, to see when everyone has their Easter holidays and hence whether it's feasible to do a bash on the 11th Apr.
latest report
admin, not sure if it's any help, maybe for future years, but I think that increasingly LAs are going to be following this standardised holiday thing which will mean this :
Quote:
February half term will always be the third full week in February
Easter Break will be renamed the Spring break and will always be the first two full weeks in April
Easter will always be observed via the bank holidays for Good Friday and Easter Monday
ski holidays
Kent (well Bromley anyway) is later two weeks.
snow conditions
Cheshire East is the later weeks
snow report
boardiac wrote:
Kent (well Bromley anyway) is later two weeks.

Is that you guys?
snow report
sarah, that sounds very sensible - where's it come from?
latest report
Arctic Roll, well I thought it was more common than it is as I'd heard about it ages ago. That quote was from our LA website which is Cheshire East. But it seems there was an agreement with the Local Government Association and one of the teaching unions years ago http://www.local.gov.uk/briefings-and-responses/-/journal_content/56/10180/3484467/ARTICLE so a bit surprised that it still isn't widely adopted. It does seem to be in the North West though with the various Cheshire, merseyside and Lancashire LAs adopting it.
snow conditions
I only know what our local Catholic schools did last Easter. My nieces all attend them. One area took holidays very late, and went back a week later than anyone else, starting their break on the Thursday before Easter (This was very popular with parents as the second week was not peak holiday prices) Others took the traditional two weeks with Easter weekend in the middle.
ski holidays
I don't see why it is sensible to have the situation where the Easter holiday weeks are fixed and Easter weekend is sometimes not part of the Easter holiday but I must be in a minority Laughing Toofy Grin

Fortunately Surrey seem to be sticking with a moveable Easter holiday at the moment. There must be a Snowhead snowHead on the council somewhere as we usually have the earlier weeks and can often ski on the last few days of March/first few days of April.
ski holidays
snowymum, I don't know, I'm undecided as to which is the best idea as both have their pros and cons. At least with the fixed first two weeks in April option then you can plan easily as it will always be that, there might be the possibility of cheaper ski holidays if the school holidays don't coincide with Easter but then this actually might give the tour ops three or four 'peak' Easter weeks instead of the current two. But if you avoided the tour ops big resorts then it should be advantageous and quieter in general. But then in terms of time off work if the school hols don't coincide with Easter that will cost most people an extra day off work.
snow report
Yes, NickyJ - we are in Bromley / Kent. Eldest is now in Year 1. We didn't do a big family ski hols this year (we had two trips to visit grandparents overseas, so money did not allow); but we did take a few days to ski in New Zealand (Turoa, on the N. Island) while we were there in early August.
snow report
Any update on this yet admin?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Medway schools have the second two weeks off. Actually they finish on the 2nd and go back on the 20th, so they get nearly the whole blooming month off! Happy
snow conditions
Funnily enough, I was speaking to someone about it yesterday.
I can get a fair bit of accommodation pretty easily and for the right price w/c 11th. However, it looks like only 1/3 of us are available that week.
So what I'm trying to swing is the right price for w/c 4th when everyone is off - I have drawn upon all my (some would say 'limited') powers of charm and persuasion and my friend has gone away to 'see what she can do'.

I expect more news on Tuesday.
snow conditions
Watching with interest.
snow conditions
Any news?
latest report
@snowymum, I think we should just pick a date for Easter and stick with it every year and give up on this first Sunday after new moon after equinox rubbish! Christmas is a fixed date after all.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy