Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Lapland at New year??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi -can any one tell me if skiing in Lapland over New Year is a disaster or 'magic'?! Looking at going to Ruka with a fmaily of 5 and wondered about the light and temperature. if anyone has any advice that would be great. Thanks ,Jo
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jo family, welcome to Snowheads. I suspect that it'll be a magical experience, but there won't be much light and you'll be togged up to the max. Hopefully someone who has been there will be able to help. Internet says 3-4 hours of daylight!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No idea

Sounds cold and dark:

http://rukakuusamo.com/when-to-go-skiing-in-ruka/ rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skied levi in january once minus 24 celcius 2hrs daylight sun never rose above tree height nice place though , never seen icicles form in the horizontal before Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Been to Levi 7 -8 times normally third week of January when all the Russians have gone !!

Great place where ever you book into.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Have skied in Levi but in February. All the runs are floodlit (I imagine it would be the same in Ruka), so the short days aren't a great problem. Could certainly be cold!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have always been to Ruka in January. Christmas and New year are the busiest and most expensive times to go. We have experienced -12 to -35. Every-where is floodlit and never seems that dark. Where where you thinking of staying as that can make a difference with children.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Also to add that at New Year there will be mainly Russians and the locals tell me they put the prices up as they have the money to spend. No doubt about it, it will be magical but very expensive eating out and even self catering food/drink is a lot more than back here.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Also note that Ruka is not in Lapland. It's also just below the arctic circle. (If it is an issue.)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy