Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

LES ARCS 2014 - 2015

Poster: A snowHead
@thefatcontroller, if no building, it might be an underground car park for the new hotel? Look at the final picture - the sidewall appears to have sheeting over it, so maybe a link to the existing network. Just a thought.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Arctic Roll, That might explain it. They are apartments, not a hotel, owned and built by the same persons who own our place, la Cime and a lot of other places in Arc 2000, Val Thorens etc.. Offically they are 'Chalet Des Neiges' http://www.chaletdesneiges.com/uk/index.php#devenez-proprietaire-arc-2000.php

The car park for the new place is accessed via ours, reality is about 2 summers ago they dug out most of that area and made it an underground car park and then filled over in readiness for this build. I suppose they are just linking up now that the apartments are being built. Amazing the efforts they go to build up at 7,000 feet, must be money in it. Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@thefatcontroller,

Quote:
owned and built by the same persons who own our place,

A Belgian corporation as I understand it.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Arctic Roll wrote:
@thefatcontroller,

Quote:
owned and built by the same persons who own our place,

A Belgian corporation as I understand it.

In fairness they are very good to work with. Ours is leaseback and they have been great and incredibly accommodating.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@thefatcontroller, no no, it wasnt a pop at them - just a comment that a lot of the development / entrepreneurship based in 2000 is, perhaps suprisingly, not from the French. As 1950 wasn't.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Arctic Roll, Didn't think you were Smile was just giving my feedback on them, when you read some of the other leaseback stories we have been very, very lucky. Maybe the Belgian thing is a tax thing?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice to see some snow at last, time for the 2015/2016 thread................

latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@thefatcontroller, the thread for the new season has already been started. I will start updating next week. Just a quick reminder. People wanting discounted weekly ski passes need to get them before end of october. For season passes, you have till end of november. All future posts on the new thread!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@snowcrazy, Thanks, I'm there....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Might be an odd questions, I'm going to be spending the season in BSM. Is it possible to ski through the trees down to the furnicular? I've never been to les arcs, looks like there is a red and blue piste that come half way down the furnicular and no way back up?
Just thinking about spending more time up the mountain and missing the last furnicular home!
I know in early/late season the coverage will probably be poor...
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You ski down to Les Grange one of two stops on the funicular and get the funi back up to 1600. Last season was the first time we were able to ski all the way back toBourg for 4 years. You also need someone who knows the way, as it off piste after Les Grange and no obvious trail.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Snowidea, awesome! What's the avie risk generally like? And surely continuing down hill would be a step in the right direction to get back to Bourg? Embarassed
Assuming snow conditions are right, what's the likeliness of being able to do it in the evening?
Not going to lie, I have a grand vision of an epic tree skiing line at dusk using a head torch!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@haigie, Getting down to the Les Grange station is the easy bit. From there there is no piste and you have to navigate. There used to be a piste all the way down to Bourg but that was removed along with the bridges about 30 years ago. If I were you I would accept that you will never ski at night down to Bourg but would get the last train about 21:00 or ish, or park a bicycle at Les Grange and cruise down.

Through the rural village farms and roads down to Bourg from 1600 the avalanche risks are not great since there is unlikely to be much snow; if any. Remember that Bourg st Maurice is only 800m above sea level and as far as I am aware there has never been an avalanche there (unlike Lewes in Sussex)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@johnE, Sad
Time to get mark a new goal for the season then...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Agree with johnE. The last train is 21:00 on a Saterday the rest of the week including Sunday the last train is at 20:00
snow report
@haigie, I did it a couple of years ago in daylight. Avy risk is low. Route finding was tricky, seems they've planted a lot of trees in the last 20 years. If you go the wrong way you can get stuck and have to backtrack. I wouldn't attempt it at night unless you were with someone who really knew exactly where they were going.
snow conditions
Let's post on the new thread for this season. http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2768012#2768012

Best to let this one sit in the archives for reference.

An update from Les Arcs has now been posted on the new thread for this season. Also a reply to Haigie. Hope to see you this season. Just posted some photos of the area in Autumn over on the Les Arcs winter page in the Autumn 2015 album. Take a look, the snow is coming slowly. https://www.facebook.com/LesArcsWinter
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy