Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi SnowHeads

I was hoping I could ask some advice, I am after a new set of skis. I currently own a set of White Dot Directors with marker Duke bindings which I love, having toured, skied off and on piste with.
Recently however I seem to be skiing more on piste and looking to do my BASI 1. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good all mountain set up, which is more geared towards the piste, but still allow me to have fun in side country/ powder days when away with just one set.

For big off piste/powder adventures I would still use the directors
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Head Titan's. Described as a 70/30 ski and 80 under foot?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What about this:
http://blistergearreview.com/gear-reviews/2014-2015-salomon-x-drive-8-8-fs
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Salomon Q90(previously Lord,Salomon Rocker2 90).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Nordica Steadfast (there are still some around, even though they're being replaced bij the Nrgy 90 now). Or the Fischer Motive 86 TI (note: the 2015 model will be an updated version of the 2014 version, but both are great). The Fischer is a bit of a gentlemen compared to the Steadfast, which is a bit more poppy and energetic.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another vote for the titans i love mine
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Blizzard Latigo (78mm underfoot) or Brahma (88mm underfoot). Both come in the flat so you could install Quiver Killer inserts to share your Dukes across both skis Cool
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have Kneissl Red Star RC as my piste pair, to go with my Whitedot Directors, and can confirm that the Red Stars were quite acceptable for BASI 1 Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks for the suggestions, plenty for me to look at, I really like the idea of quiver killers to save trying to find a pair of bindings that will release properly with Garmont touring boots.
Particularly interested in trying the Blizzard latigo, Salomons x drive or something in the Q series. Just got to find somewhere that will let me try them.

Would also be interested in good condition second hand, if anyone has something suitable.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Andrew.ing wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions, plenty for me to look at, I really like the idea of quiver killers to save trying to find a pair of bindings that will release properly with Garmont touring boots.

Salomon/Atomic Wardens should work (and are certified) with ISO touring boots; they should fit and cleanly release boots with rockered rubber soles. A bunch of places were selling them cheaply a few weeks ago; might still be some bargains to be found. The Marker Lord SP may also work, but apparently has issues with some rockered soles and is a bit more expensive and fiddly.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I just got Q90's haven't used them yet but know a couple of people who ski'd them last year and recommended them highly on and off piste.

I've got Salomon Guardian bindings so I can go up hill as well.

Ski's and bindings and boots all half price Cool It's a good time to buy as they clear last years stock.

As far as I can see nothing much has changed on the Q90 for this years model except the colour.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy