Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Le grand massif (Morillon)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Few of us spending a few days here in early Jan. Any top tips regarding best lifts, pistes, beers and the like very welcome. We are four guys intermediate and advanced ability. Thank you.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Snowsartre, Good news is there is loads of skiing for intermediates and advanced. The area links up pretty well and its easy to find good runs for your ability. There is one main gondola up from Morillon to Morillon 1100 where there are then two lifts which split, one all the way to the top and another half way up but then accesses another lift to cut across towards Samoens. We used whichever was quietest and let that dictate our initial route but to be honest even at half term we never queued for long at all.

Lots of tree lined runs with some good off piste down into the Les Carroz sector. If cloudy head for that and you can keep busy all day. The bowl at Flaine is good and easy enough to get to. I will have a look back at my last visit to find names of restaurants etc later as I can't recall their names off the bat. There will be plenty of more experienced SH's along in due course I'm sure who know the area very well to offer ideas.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi Jirac18 any thoughts on bars/restaurants we leave in two days!?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Snowsartre, just back from morillon, we only ate out once at le puzze bit last minute but food was great and staff were fab, they have a pizza take away next door and my boys had one on sat eve and they demolished the lot so it must of been good Very Happy bars are a bit quiet but a nice feel to most. Samoens is more lively (only just) but wherever there is a grand Bierre I was happy.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
eat at L'Igloo on the mountain, we did a few times and it was lovely
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Another vote for L'Igloo - lovely. Great variety of pistes in the area , tree lined and above. Green, reds and blues, Sairon blue (my favourite in Morillon) Husband who is advanced spent lots of time going over to Flaine (very good fast lifts over there and more challenging terrain. When I went with him I loved skiing the Tourmaline to get there . Beautiful runs down to La Carroz and cruisy runs over to Samoens which he enjoyed at speed. We also enjoyed skiing the Marvel at the end of the day - A green run but so picturesque a proper run and not a track as so many greens often are. Went a couple of years ago and have decided to go back this year staying in Morillon 1100 again (lots of apartments you can ski back too). Just need more snow. 2 years ago you could ski right back down to Morillon village. Hope you have a great time.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy