Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Final Run Up to Holiday

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm now on the final run up to the first skiing holiday of the season and the fitness training has been going well. For the last week before I go should I increase the frequncy and go to the gym every day or take a rest? I've just been this morning after a few days off ill and all still seems ok. On average I go 3 times a week for an hour and a half.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have 13 days to go before sking should I visit my Gym yet ? wink Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin, Yes yes yes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mouth wrote:
boredsurfin, Yes yes yes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Maybe I really should go and dust off all the stuff in the Gym
Laughing

Nah the moments passed, time for a coffee!

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Sat 10-12-05 12:08; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Marvel,

I'd step it up from now until one week to go and then wind down with just gentle workouts in the last week...
You don't want to arrive tired... skiing is brutal enough as it is..!!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Marvel, Go for light gentle workouts on the final week before, nothing to stress the body.
JT,
Quote:

You don't want to arrive tired... skiing is brutal enough as it is..!!

Either you are doing something wrong, or you are getting past it wink Laughing ..Sorry could not resist Laughing
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowbunny, Shocked Have you seen JT, ski????
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowbunny,

You may be right.... but I don't now which one it is...

easiski,

I'm trying get fit for our feb trip, in fact my jan trip is hopefully a warm-up for it... !!

Don't want to get shown up too much by the 'boys'... Smile
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski,
Quote:

snowbunny, Have you seen JT, ski????

No, actually, I think he spent his PSB time on the wrong side of the camcorder Very Happy
Are you saying he's really good, or........ Laughing
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Marvel, you need to give your muscles some time between workouts. A common practice is to workout a group of muscles every other day. Of course, if you stagger it, you can work on some sets one day, and some sets the other day. That's more related to weight training, but I assume the basic advice still applies to aerobic exercise as well - the same thing is happening to your muscle in both cases.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Marvel having wondered this myself, my experience over the past few seasons shows that;

1) the need for "rest" (i.e. allow your body to adjust to cope with additional strain) depends entirely on the intensity of your training. Most exercisers I observe haven't the foggiest how to properly overtrain and then "rest" from excercise - and most assume they require more rest than they need. To be blunt, unless you are deliberately "over training" muscles, which requires you to know what you're doing and in which case you wouldn't be asking your initial question, then complete "rest" isn't necesarily necessary.
2) Even if you do need to factor in a "rest" from exercise, getting to the snow from the UK = 12hours. i.e 1 day. I.e. 1 day of pretty near total "rest" from exercise.
3) said day of getting to the snow typically occurs on Sat or Sun.

Therefore a 3 day schedule doesn't normally need a downwards alteration. To be honest I'd suggest upping the frequency (3 days a week is baseline maintenance, not improvement). Should be ok - it's difficult to imagine you'll overtax yourself by upping your exercise days to 4 or 5, just be sensible about it.

But as per I don't know the details of your training, and therefore all the above advice is qualified.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just to reinforce the point of adapting exercises to your chosen activity - I've been doing loads of mountain biking lately and can do 3 hour rides with my legs feeling fine the next day. I did a 25 minute run the other day, the first in at least 6 months and 2 days later my legs are still feeling like they've been trampled by a migrating herd of wildebeast. Embarassed
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Scarpa,

Take the bike skiing.. Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Pleased to report that the pre-skiing gym sessions helped me to ski from lift open to to lift close every day for 8 days except 1 day off walking. Still can't ski how I want to though, it's a shame the gym can't improve that.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy