Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowheads Thoughts - Might this be useful

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All,

How's it going? So I was wondering might I be able to pick the collective Snowhead's brains. We have just launched a new app (www.resure.co/go) and I was wondering might it be of use for skiers. The basics of the app is once turned on, it tracks your movements and should you wish to set off the alarm, it will turn on your camera and sending us 10 sec video and audio clips as well as your exact GPS Co-ordinates.

The app is designed for use as a personal panic alarm and lone worker device but I thought it could be of use if something went wrong out of the slopes...well...more when off piste. I would really see it as a back up to everything else, but at least it might be a way giving your exact location and making people aware of what has gone wrong. Additionally, there is a meeting function, where you can say when you are expected home, if you do not check into the app and close it down before your eta, we will be alerted to the fact that you are overdue getting home.

I would think that most people would just call emergency services on their phone and while they may not have their exact co-ordinates they should be able to give some indication of where they are. That said, I just thought I would see what your thoughts are.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Emmet
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How about carrying a whistle Twisted Evil
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I personally wouldn't want to use phone as a safety device if thats what you mean

No GPS signal when you are buried under snow?
You say it sends you a video, but you do not mention how others would be able to see it?
Are GPS coordinates shown on screen?
How is an alarm raised?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Is signal going to be a problem in terms of transmitting the data. I know companies such as Breitling have similar functions on watches (Breitling Emergency) however i'm not sure how the data actually gets transmitted.

Sounds interesting though there might be a legal perspective here where a you need a disclaimer saying your not responsible if it goes wrong (as lots of stuff may go wrong)? False sense of security maybe?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi skiorboard,"No GPS signal when you are buried under snow?" There is no way we would even think of using it as transceiver replacement, so haven't and wouldn't test it under the snow.

Sorry, I should have explained, the alarm is sent into our central monitoring station. Our operatives will view the video clips and also contact you, via phone, once you have set off the alarm. Yes, the LAT and LONG are shown on the screen. The alarm is raised in two ways, either you can set the phone to arm by shaking it (this wouldn't work when skiing) or double tapping the screen. As I said, before, it would only be as auxiliary tool and not a primary safety device.

Levi215, I hadn't thought of the false sense of security (but that is probably because I wear a helmet Toofy Grin ) There would definitely be disclaimers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Austrian mountain rescue already have an app for this as I understand. You activate it and it alerts them of your location.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Additionally, there is a meeting function, where you can say when you are expected home, if you do not check into the app and close it down before your eta, we will be alerted to the fact that you are overdue getting home.

As I do quite a lot of solo ski touring, I could see that being potentially quite useful. Would it require leaving internet and GPS on all day though? As that would be a serious battery drain...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
google already tracks most of us

https://maps.google.com/locationhistory/b/0

Although checking my time on the mountains there it doesn't seem to cover absolutely everything, so I still need ski tracks Wink
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
But does it say how fast you skied that day Toofy Grin
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
clarky999, there is a split answer to this. The reality is you lose a lot of functionality by turning off the GPS and Data. The Meeting Function countdown will continue even if you turn off the phone. That said, we will not get your exact location and nor will we get any video feed, so we would simply try to contact you (by phone) and then your emergency contacts. I haven't had a chance to test the battery impact whilst touring, and probably won't until late December at the earliest.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy