Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cat skiing in Turkey or Macedonia - anyone done it?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Thinking of doing something different this season and saw some stuff about cat skiing in Turkey and Macedonia. Has anyone done either, if so would they recommend it and/or any company to use?? Skier level is advanced, so looking for terrain that is not boring.

Cheers
Brent
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There's a forum search button up there ^^^ it isn't very good, but it does bring up the odd useful result. Google site search is probably a bit more useful:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en-GB&source=hp&q=macedonia+cat+skiing+site%3Asnowheads.com&btnG=Google+Search&gbv=1
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Done the Eskimo Catskiiing at Popova Shapka, Macedonia

TR: Western Balkans Part I - Popova Shapka, Macedonia (January 2011)
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=102070

Have a read and come back with questions if you have any Smile
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Serriadh wrote:
There's a forum search button up there ^^^ it isn't very good, but it does bring up the odd useful result. Google site search is probably a bit more useful:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en-GB&source=hp&q=macedonia+cat+skiing+site%3Asnowheads.com&btnG=Google+Search&gbv=1

What's wrong with it?
Enter "Cat Skiing Macedonia" select "All" and "Title and Message" to look for posts that contain all the words and U get this:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/search.php?search_keywords=Cat%20Skiing%20Macedonia&search_fields=all&search_terms=all
which brings up all 14 posts with Cat skiing and macedonia in them.

At a glance your Google search doesn't bring up anything that isn't in that result set.

Any (sensible) suggestions for improvement gratefully received though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Would just like to say that I think cat skiing is fantastic

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
admin wrote:
What's wrong with it?.

Quote:

Should we get a cat?
Super cat!
Cat is going bald, help needed.
Cat cafe.
Cat and chilli.
This cat poo-poo is weird.

And so on. Doing a search for 'cat skiing' without the Macedonian context brings back 38 threads about cats, 1 thread about parachute skiing and this thread in which we are talking now on the first page of results! Conversely, Google gives me 1 'cat video' thread in the first 40 results. Google understands that 'cat skiing' is an interesting item in its own right, and weights it much more strongly as a result (and also understands that it has synonyms like 'catskiing').

admin wrote:
Any (sensible) suggestions for improvement gratefully received though.

...dunno, to be honest. I'm doing a load of NLP work right now involving document indexing, but I don't really see the benefit of you actually paying someone to help you out here. Cos if nothing else, there's always google! Not idea what search system you use... it might be possible to teach it about interesting co-occuring keywords or maybe just weight results that match multi-word chunks of the search phrase a bit more highly?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy