Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Middlesbrough Snowdome - DEAD IN THE WATER (20.1.21)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
@carsey, Given what's going on in the world, I'd imagine not much rolling eyes
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes - all gone very quiet, unsurprisingly....

Coincidentally, Mrs MA and I walked past the site two days ago (on the final leg of completing the Teesdale Way - Pennines to sea) - leading me to question whether we'll ever see the plan come to fruition... rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Seriously hope it does.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@mountainaddict, Teesdale way is lovely, obvs.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@mountainaddict,
There must be some great ski touring on Mickle Fell at the other end of the Teesdale Way. It would be a genuinely wild day Out As long as you Didn’t pick a firing day. Did I mention the artillery range on the south side ?

With a grassy summit ridge at 2,500’ and over 3km long it should be tourable most years. I suspect very few ever do though given the 5 mile Pathless walk/ski in from every direction. TheRe should be some short steep lines off the summit in good conditions.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Very interesting that Peter S - food for thought indeed! And (in the 6 or 7 miles between High Cup and Cow Green) a lot of north-facing terrain too...But we did notice on the hike that there are rather a lot of 'Firing range - keep out' signs in the vicinity...right at the bottom of the hills as well. Made us wonder what may lie just beyond the signs... Puzzled

Swish, swish...BOOM?? Skullie (Even on a non-firing day rolling eyes )
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Yes the signs are a little off putting. I think there purpose is to maintain exclusion in case the artillery miss the hillside (!) or perhaps get a ricochet. They don’t tend to fire on the weekends and I think there are official days when you are allowed to visit too.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Really bad news - the Middlesbrough snow centre is dead in the water... Confused

Just seen an article on BBC Look North lunchtime news:
- Private sector funding/investment has not come to fruition.
- Council unable to commit to the millions required from the public purse.
- Development agreement has expired.

Things just get better and better for us snowsports lovers.... Crying or Very sad
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I saw/heard that this morning too. Gutted. Not terribly near me, but probably would have been a quicker & easier drive than Braehead or ChillFactore.
Heard that the Edinburgh dry slope complex is planning a major expansion, but still a huge gap of facilities up in the proper north of England. Surprises me, as there must be a fair few mountain and snowsports enthusiasts within a catchment radius of a 2 hour drive of somewhere (without a terrifying M6 journey rolling eyes Skullie )
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:
Surprises me, as there must be a fair few mountain and snowsports enthusiasts within a catchment radius of a 2 hour drive
I agree in terms of catchment area and possible demand. I think it would be a go-er if built - but it's clearly not viable in terms of the investment needed to actually get that far... Sad

Like you - bit gutted Grizzler... Would've been about a 15 min drive for us - versus 70 mins to Castleford...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@mountainaddict, not that much of a surprise. A shame though as Middlehaven is a spot with incredible leisure potential
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy