Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Early Skiing in Canada?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I'm going to be in Big White for the season this year, but I will be in and around the area from October onwards. I wondered if there were any resorts which opened earlier than Big White (it opened mid-November last year) where I might be able to get some early season skiing in?
It seems as though Banff/Lake Louise opens the earliest, but that just appears to be a week before Big White. Does that seem correct?

Thanks, Ian
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sunshine/LL and Nakiska are usually the earliest and open for weekend skiing as early as October dependant upon snow. They may not open mid-week
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks gryphea, I'll just keep an eye out on the websites and see what happens Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thebronsonite,

Nakiska tends to open sooner , given its snow making capacity and it likes to win the race, but think only weekends as there is race training mid week
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I guess Nakiska is really busy at the weekends too, seeing as it's so close to Calgary?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy