Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My Last Half Term Holiday. Woop woop.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Assuming #2 doesn't flunk his A level's next year, I've just booked my final half term holiday Very Happy

Though not too much of a rip off. I have been travelling with Monarch for the last couple of years, and am now free to spread the word of how good they are (for me at any rate)

I've got 3 half board in Livigno for ~£850 each, flights, transfers, board/ski/boots/20kg luggage. Nice hotel with good spa facilities.
A comparable Hotel with Crystal is £1200+.
Monarch probaly won't have a rep on the bus, or even the resort, so we have to sort out ski hire etc ourselves, which is not exactly a chore.

What impressed me about my booking was the personal touch. Ours was an awkward booking, just 3 of us and it's very hard to find a single room or a TO to book a single in a double room, but
they got in touch with the hotels and we'll only pay ~£140 for single room supplement. I had contacted the hotels myself and Monarch are not making any profit on the single occupancy supplement.

Flight is to Friedrichafen in S Germany. Last year there were onl;y 2 planes on the ground when we arrived and only a handful on departure. Nothing like the Battle of Geneva !

Resort choice is a bit limited, but there's some gems in there. In fact some of the smaller resorts they list may suit newbies who don't need the expanse and expense of the mega resorts.

Deffo worth a look if you don't need a rep to hold your hand Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oooo, monarch do holidays???
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah a sort of Monarch/Cosmos combo.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sarge, thanks for the tip
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Aren't Monarch deeply in the doo-doo? I've booked flights with them for next summer, but I read they're making all sorts of cuts (pulling out of variour airports etc) and desperately trying to sell the business.

The flights are cracking in every way (time, northern airport, amazingly cheap considering it's July), mind, so just hoping they hang on in there!

We've never done half term quite as cheap as that, but we've done travel (flghts and transfers) plus chalet board near Morzine/Les Gets for less than £700 three years on the trot - it's meant booking Easyjet the day they come out and booking a whole chalet for 12/14 and hoping we fill it (we always have), but the chalet + transfers is £6500-ish (so £460-540 depending on whether we get 12 or 14), and flights are £150 a go. So we've got a PdS pass to pay for, at about £200 I guess, ski hire etc, but this is a short transfer (important for us) and a great ski area.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Here y'go: http://m.travelweekly.co.uk/Article.aspx?cat=news&id=49041
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sarge wrote:
Assuming #2 doesn't flunk his A level's next year, I've just booked my final half term holiday Very Happy

Yeah. I'm in that position, too. #1 son is off to Uni in a couple of weeks.

Oh, wait! He still wants to ski with us. For free. But universities don't have half terms. That means we get to dice with dodgy snow at Christmas or boil in sloppy snow at Easter.

Your troubles aren't over yet.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jonny Jones, isn't that what 'reading week' is for?!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
andy from embsay, just checked this out, we too have booked for summer flights with them. It seems they are moving more to a European low cost service, and reducing the long haul aspect of the business, they've just ordered 30 new 737 ,s in July, so should be OK for euro flights, hopefully Shocked
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jonny Jones, tell him to find out if uni has a ski / snowboard club - I used to go to mine aeons ago and they also had race weeks in the Alps which were relatively cheap, http://www.onthesnow.co.uk/news/a/586027/top-uk-university-snowsports-clubs plus you then get to go when it's cheaper if he goes at a different time!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
always29 wrote:
Jonny Jones, tell him to find out if uni has a ski / snowboard club - I used to go to mine aeons ago and they also had race weeks in the Alps which were relatively cheap, http://www.onthesnow.co.uk/news/a/586027/top-uk-university-snowsports-clubs plus you then get to go when it's cheaper if he goes at a different time!

I think you might then find he'll be expecting two trips wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
betterinblack, quite. Do you know my lad by any chance?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy