Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow wear for tinies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm sure there was a thread on this last season, but I can't find it, so apologies for the repetition! I am currently (over)planning our first family ski trip in January. The baby will be 10 months old and will mostly be staying at village level with her grandma, but I imagine they'll come up to meet us for lunch a few times and I'd also like her to have the chance to play in the snow if she likes it. I'm looking at things like this but I can't figure out what to put on her feet - she will be far too small for proper boots but none of the baby shoes I can find are up to temperatures well into the minuses. Will warm socks and the fold-over feet of a snowsuit be sufficient? Or is there some other solution that I'm missing?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
These? https://www.muddypuddles.com/baby/baby-footwear-and-accessories/snowboots are fab, having said that, when our youngest was 6 months old I vaguely recall just using 2 or 3 thick socks as didn't discover these at the time!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.littleadventureshop.co.uk/collections/kids-down-jackets-and-bunting/products/columbia-snuggly-bunny-down-bunting-red-hibiscus

These type of things have pop over feet

Not too many babies are walking by 10 months but these kind of boots are what my kids had when they were just walking, think they go quite small

http://www.littleadventureshop.co.uk/collections/kids-snow-boots/products/sorel-snow-commander-kids-snow-boots-nocturnal

Little trekkers is a good site for teeny outdoor gear too or Raindrops
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
LittleRos, We used layered socks and the soft boots that came with a Trespass onsie for the Sideways Juniors and they were fine. they poppered onto the legs of the suit.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
LittleRos, we had our latest grand-daughter here with us for about 5 weeks, with her parents, when she was about 3.5 to 4.5 month, in January, s and then for another week which must have been in late March/April. Our daughter had got a really good suit which was Patagonia which had built in feet, it could either be as a leg/foot version, or I think could be made into more of a bag.

She was younger than your little one will be though and I think that last winter when she was here twice she had little boots rather like those mentioned above. They seemed to be a complete nightmare to get on - but then that's going to be down to grandma most of the time isn't it.

Don't forget the sunglasses.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

They seemed to be a complete nightmare to get on

the contrast between how hard they are to get on, and how easily a small baby can "crawl out of them" is one of life's mysteries. Once they are walking everything becomes far easier. But I wouldn't worry too much - the length of time a crawling baby can be left to play on the snow in January is pretty limited, especially as one of life's other mysteries is how to make them keep those dear little mittens on.

French babies keep their sunglasses on and look cool and cute. Mine usually pull them off crossly, making light work of the elastic around the head.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
always29, those look fab!!

We used these which were very good indeed http://www.littletrekkers.co.uk/shop/index.php/flypage/897/6eb92b7940905a0faf4c93700fc57527?gclid=Cj0KEQjw7b-gBRC45uLY_avSrdgBEiQAD3Olx24CDh0qGmc4oqWagG16sUMMWZwMCb6EsB5lfF4BiH8aAj1O8P8HAQ

These were easy to get on, very soft and easy elastic and wouldn't just fall off. I think a heavier thing is likely to fall off as it doesn't move with the baby!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We took our daughter when she was 12 months and bought an all in one and some boots from ebay, figuring that we wouldn't get a lot of use of of them. We re-sold both for pretty much the same amount as we'd paid the following year - plenty of use out of the boots throughout the winter going to nursery/walk on the weekend etc. She walked on the snow for maybe half an hour all week that year so the boots weren't much of an issue.

This year we did the same and for next year we've bought a jacket and pants in the Muddy Puddles sale as she'll be off to lessons in Feb.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all I'll get her some of those padded booties I think; they will also come in handy for wearing in the buggy if it gets really cold. She is quite good about her sunglasses, although it may be that she just hasn't worked out that she can take them off...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy