Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car share offered - UK to French Alps, November, 1/2 people

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'd like to offer a car share to the alps this November. I need to be in the upper Tarantaise for approx 15th November - exact time & date tbc. My offer is very flexible in terms of where I pick you up from and drive you to - just let me know and we'll work out whether or not your plan is close enough to mine to work out.

Details are:

1) Mid-sized estate car with roof-box. Ample room for 2 people and good amount of luggage, 3 works but would be a tight fit and there'd be luggage restrictions.
2) Car is fully winterised and kitted out for this kind of thing - EU satnav, working aircon, winter tyres, chains, 4x4, aux cable for mp3 players. I'm fully insured for Europe.
3) Driver sharing is optional but encouraged. Without driver sharing there'll be an overnight stop, with driver sharing we could go through the night if you wanted.
4) Happy to drive motorways or side-roads.
5) Cost is even split (approx 40mpg cruising). Petrol for any extra driving that deviates from my route payable by you - for me to get to your destination and back to mine!
6) I probably need to stop in London on the way out.
7) I'll be leaving from the Midlands. You can either get yourself to me, or I'll pick you up, you paying the extra fuel.
Cool You can have first dibs on a return lift!

Let me know if you think this could be of interest! Like I said, lots of flexibility, if you're looking for a lift out then just drop me a PM and I'll see if I can make it work.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just going to give this a quick bump - leaving this Thursday. I've got plenty of time built into my route, so message me if you'd like a lift Smile
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,
Will you be travelling again in January, as looking for ride to st foy or wherever you go and just me and my well behaved dog.
Regards
Bryan
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@bryanreed867@btinternet.c, 9 year old thread.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@jiagedaping, are you going in January or later
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
bryanreed867@btinternet.c wrote:
@jiagedaping, are you going in January or later

As @telford_mike, pointed out @jiagedaping, posted this thread in 2014. He also hasn't posted on the forum since 2018.

PS it might be worth requesting a username change, away from your email address (unless you want to drown in spam) here...
https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=98726
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Blast from the past!

Strange enough, I am planning to take the same car out to the Alps again next year - once it's had all the modifications for permanent import into my new EU country of residence. I'm afraid it won't work for your trip though Bryan.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy