Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Christmas in Livigno?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Some friends have fallen in love with Livigno and are trying to convince us to go there for Christmas.

Standards: two beginners (the ladies), two early / advanced intermediates (my mate and his daughter), two offpiste skiers (my son and I).

Any first-hand info? Comparisons with other resorts? alternative suggestions? (price is an issue so we won't go to the French or Swiss megaresorts)

I've read that offpiste used to be forbidden, but that they have opened some freeride areas. Wondering if one can join larger offpiste groups, otherwise cost will quickly escalate if my son and I have to book a guide for ourselves.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
horizon, there is off-piste in Livigno - not perhaps as hardcore as some areas, but definitely there and some is challenging, but accessible i.e. chairlift and 30 minute hike, for example.

As for your beginners - it is a great resort to learn with the ski schools (I think there are about 5 to choose from) mainly behind the town and providing access to generally straightforward beginner slopes that are perfect for the purpose, IMHO.

Regarding progression, there are some really good options that would allow some of the more advanced skiers to also head in and ski in similar directions/locations.

The early/advanced intermediates will love the blastie reds. Some are exhilarating.

The town would be a great place to spend Christmas, I think - it is quite traditional and pretty for the most part. There are some lively bars, quieter establishments and the whole place is nestled between 2 mountains - the only slightly tricky thing is negotiation the bus line/route to get from one to another when the feeling takes you. Its not that complicated, really.

I can't answer the specific off-piste question, I'm afraid, but if you have any others, fire away snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I did a TR back on 2008 here, though poss not much direct help in relation to the above questions.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cacciatore, many thanks and sorry to reply so late - I was out most of last week and didn't see your comments until a few days later.

Hmm, sounds more interesting now. Still wonder what are our options for offpiste short of hiring an instructor for 2 (or 3) of us. Especially as I'll be ultraconservative, since I'm skiing with my son.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
horizon, no problem Smile

I wonder if moving this to the Resorts section might generate a few more responses? I know there have been a few Livigno regulars who've contributed in the past, so perhaps someone more knowledgeable on the specifics will hopefully com along.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Off piste requires a mandatory guide @ Living but they're not expensive and really worth it. LOVE the place for a holiday with skiing.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How do they enforce the guide thing in livigno any experience of this?
Years ago it was different I,m not up to speed.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy