Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can I take my wife and 8 year old away for £2000?

Poster: A snowHead
Inc passes and equipment, 8 year old is absolute beginner and the wife is about a six weeker?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
up4it, are you looking at school hols or looking to take your 8yr old out of school?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yes
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, but when?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
blahblahblah, Stop it.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yes , I reckon you could , ferry , drive , rent an apartment , it may be a small one , ski hire, week passes and lesson for your 8 year in Ste Foy for £2k in school hols or close
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Yes , I reckon you could , ferry , drive , rent an apartment , it may be a small one , ski hire, week passes and lesson for your 8 year in Ste Foy for £2k in school hols or close
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
up4it, assuming you wish to book a school holiday week. Have assumed 29th March Easter holidays, and that your budget does not include food.

Apartment in Serre Chevalier Easter 2015 (200m from lifts, 5% snowHeads discount, pool and sauna in the evenings) £720
Lift passes will vary with the progression of the skier, but assuming 8 year old will only need a local Monetier pass (will be cheaper still if only needs a beginner pass) £515
Hire of skis and boots (approx as prices aren't up yet) £170
Flights (Ryanair) £608.00

Total £2013.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
up4it, and it can be cheaper. With three of you it would probably pay you to drive because getting from the airport to resort always costs a fair bit, no matter how you do it.

And you can also get cheaper apartments, as well as all-in packages which save money - have a look at the current thread about skiing at Easter - you can get an accommodation and lift pass package around £800.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

Flights (Ryanair) £608.00

Do they fly direct to Serre Chevalier from your home or do you need transfers? The last trip to Les Arc came in at £400 door to door by driving.

But in general - yes it can be done. I work on 8 - 10 euro a day for food and wine per person but suspect the OP's daughter may not drink much wine so it may cost more than that with soft drinks.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=112124#2573019

this is the thread about a low cost self drive, self catering, holiday at easter. Lots of good suggestions there.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You could look at UCAP family week booked through action outdoors - comes in at about £500per person. Transport not included but includes pretty much everything else (pass, lessons, equipment, food and accom)
http://www.action-outdoors.co.uk/deals/family-week
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just had a quick look , Ste Foy from 28th March , MMV 4star apt with pool about 450 euro beside the piste , 3 lift pass for a week 450 euro , ski lessons for child 220 euro , losing rate of 1.20euro to the £ leaves you more than £1000 to get there and ski hire in the school hols and a great time of year to learn , make further savings using tesco clubcard vouchers for the ferry ( if you have them ) , enough work done for you , YES is the answer to the question . It should be about the same in some of the other lesser known French ski resorts Very Happy
ski holidays
homers double wrote:
blahblahblah, Stop it.

?
What
?

Makes a big difference.
snow conditions
Quote:

ski lessons for child 220 euro

that seems a very high price. There must be cheaper options, e.g. ESF
ski holidays
Skegness in a caravan, maybe in January......Doable I reckon......skiing I think slim, next to no chance.
snow conditions
Hells Bells, might get hungry by about Monday, fainting by Wednesday, not good to ski on an empty stomach wink
snow conditions
johnE, oops. sorry forgot the transfer Embarassed
ski holidays
Was it just me or did anyone else misread the thread title and think someone was looking for a hitman?
snow conditions
DB, glad someone else has confessed.
ski holidays
that seems a very high price. There must be cheaper options, e.g. ESF

Actually 6 days Sun to Fri morning lessons 9am till 11.45 am is 225 euro is with the ESF , so I suspect that's the going rate these days
latest report
but bringing them back is more expensive.
latest report
Quote:

6 days Sun to Fri morning lessons 9am till 11.45 am is 225 euro is with the ESF

Prices do vary but that's a fair bit more than charged (by both ESI and ESF) in Les Saisies. Last winter the cost for 5 x 2 hours beginner lessons was €80 (a bit more in the peak weeks) and I got 5 x 2 hour private lessons, for a group of 4 kids, for €380. The charges will probably rise a little bit for the coming season (not up on the websites yet) but nowhere near that level, even given that those are longer lessons, and 6 of them.

For young beginners I think 2 hours is actually better than a longer lesson.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy