Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Lyngen Alps Trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm heading out to Norway in March 2015 to a small hut near Tromso and hoping to ski tour. Any advice on where to go and some simple routes that I might be able to take the misses on?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Superb area. There is now a guide in English which is worth getting.

Fairly strait forward navigation, reasonably simple glaciers. Just like Scotland it with sea level snow. Plenty of easy day tours and some great decents right back to the beach through birch forests. Just brilliant. Carnt recommend any specific tours without looking at the guide book.

Have fun.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
blobbi, will you have a car, as obviously the options you'll have a far better - you could drive to Lyngseidet which is a good base for the true "Lyngen Alps" on the Lyngen peninsular for some of the classic tours such as Storegalten - that said all around Tromso has so much terrain.

There is a lot of stuff out there on t'interweb - and I'm sure you could find a few ski tour routes etc on Strava etc

I've done five trips up there !!!

Was with a mate this week who is doing a trip down to Antartica, Nov 15th

$10,000 plus flights, but a trip or a life time if he gets good weather !!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy