Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hello and a question about traffic leaving Tignes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, new here so thought I had better say Hi!!

I am Philip and am happy to announce that I am back on snow after an enforced long absence due to a broken neck...(niot from skiing by the way)

Anyway, my question is this....Saturdays are of course a nightmare for traffic leaving Tignes, but what time does it start to get better in the evenings?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Philip1972, can't help with your query - but welcome to snowHead

From leaving other resorts, I'd hazard a guess at after 4 for traffic leaving resorts.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I only have limited experience of leaving Tignes/Val d'Isere at different times and note that leaving Val at 9:00 was a nightmare with a constant traffic jam to Seez where we called it a day and decided to ski in Les Arcs until the traffic eased. and once leaving Tignes after skiing on the Saturday (I think about 17:00). There were no difficulties at all
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you are leaving Tignes form 10 am onwards it eases - (it won't be completly stationary) and realy gets better after 2pm, but you will still hit traffic down valley. Around 5pm it will be all quiet -- you will experience the sight of lots of stationary traffic in the oposite (arriving) direction - I used to drive transfers in the area and knew which ones were going to be a bloody long day. The record, normally equaled once a year at half term was 11 hours from Tinges or Val to GVA (or sometimes the reverse juorney) of 11 hours - normaly a newbie, following a GPS Wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Philip1972, welcome to snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Philip1972, Welcome aboard - I live in Tignes in the winter. It really depends on your dates - but in peak weeks if you are not away by 6am then leave it till after 3 pm otherwise you will spend a long tme q'ing into Bourg and crawling along - only to queue again at the toll booths at Albertville. Off peak weeks (jan and non Easter April) - leave it till 1130. ALll depends on where you want to be by when and how frustrated you get in a 'bouchon'
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Philip1972, Welcome. If driving and time allows, use the Saturday for skiing and leave resort at about 5pm. Book a hotel around Dijon and then enjoy an easier drive home on the Sunday.

Saturday can be millionaires skiing but don't tell anyone wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks all for your replies.

I am in no rush to get back, so a 5 or 6 pm leaving time will be ideal.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy