Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Haglofs Couloir Pro Jacket review

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All.

Well I treated myself to the jacket, down from £550 to £250 on sport pursuit. I wanted a shell and had looked at top end shells in shops but they were just shells.

Well got this on SP and it is a great jacket. A good fit in large for a 177cm (5'8-9) male with long arms. I think a med would be just too short. I tried a Norona Lofotoen in large recently an the arms are way too long compared to the Haglofs.

Nice touches are the big pit zips (would have preferred a mesh inner in this but ohh well), nice long pack comparable pockets with good sized entry (IE not cramped).

The collar has a nice VERY thin fleece lining. More comfort than thermal I expect. The shoulders have a little thin padded section to add comfort when carrying a pack. However, I suspect this is marketing BS. I think it is to protect the high abrasion area when crying a pack.

The back has some kidney-chill protector-pads. Ideal when you have a thin base and nowt else in a chair.
It has a good snow skirt but I've yet to test if it is linkable to the trousers I have.

The hood is a revelation. It has tons of room for a helmet and is truly helmet comparable. However, I would have preferred gripper drawcords for pulling down the high collar instead of easily retractable ones. However, this is going to be really good on a icy day at the top of cairngorm, when I usually use a glove over my face for survival. Happy

The fabric is very soft (almost Paramo soft) but not quite as stretchy as my Salomon Odyssee jacket but very very comfortable.

In a sentence. The best jacket I've ever had.

in a second sentence...... The best jacket I've ever seen.

Cheers
One eye
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've got one, great jackets, pants too brilliant look out for a pair at the right price they're excellent but like the jacket pricy so need to be bought in a sale!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
glasgowcyclops, did you get the green one to match your new skis?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon wrote:

Sooooo!!!!!! tempted Jon but heard the pistachio one's were a bit vibrant Happy.

Went for the blue one and Yellow zipps to match my banana lime/yellow trousers.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
spyderjon wrote:

PS I need to phone you in a couple of weeks to set them up.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
SP have listed some Arcteryx stuff. I love the build quality of Arcteryx, but boy do they need need to get some scandi/European designers in. It's soooo dull. Confused
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mollerski wrote:
SP have listed some Arcteryx stuff. I love the build quality of Arcteryx, but boy do they need need to get some scandi/European designers in. It's soooo dull. Confused

Get the Hagloffs. TBH. I looked at the new Norrona Lofoten and the Couloir is way better in my opinion. I have Lofoten trousers so this would have been a perfect zip in match but the Haglofs is streets ahead.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I have a Trollveggan after a Sidewinder sv. The Trollveggan looks great, but not as bulletproof as the sv IMHO. I kinda feel that Haglofs get a bit too carried away with their pricetags. No more so, than Norr and Arc I 'spose. wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
glasgowcyclops wrote:

Get the Hagloffs. TBH. I looked at the new Norrona Lofoten and the Couloir is way better in my opinion. I have Lofoten trousers so this would have been a perfect zip in match but the Haglofs is streets ahead.

In what way? I don't think there's all that much difference between the top brands in materials/features, it's mostly about the cut/fit (Patagonia and Arcteryx are a bit more boxy, Norrona a bit longer, Sweet Protection much baggier, etc) and styling...

Though as you're 5 foot 8 and tried the large Lofoten you tried the wrong size... I'm 5 foot 9 and the medium is spot on for skiing but a bit longer than I'd choose for a hiking/town jacket.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
clarky999 wrote:
glasgowcyclops wrote:

In what way? I don't think there's all that much difference between the top brands in materials/features, it's mostly about the cut/fit (Patagonia and Arcteryx are a bit more boxy, Norrona a bit longer, Sweet Protection much baggier, etc) and styling...

Though as you're 5 foot 8 and tried the large Lofoten you tried the wrong size... I'm 5 foot 9 and the medium is spot on for skiing but a bit longer than I'd choose for a hiking/town jacket.

I usually go one up for the arm length and I think you are right about the size. tried one last year and the ned is good. By streets ahead I meant the features I wanted. The Lofoten is a shell that is well constructed but the haglofs had things added that I consider to be best for me. I do have Lofoten trousers in large. I like them baggy and I have not seen a pair of trousers that are better (although Sweet are nice).

I'm really 5 9 178cm, just looked at the last health report I had.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Great review, glasgowcyclops.

I am now also a Haglöfs convert. I picked up the Haglöfs Vassi jacket at their outlet here in Oslo last week - at a price of £70... The only reason that it was this much discounted is that they no longer make them....The jacket, and colour look like this: http://www.blue-tomato.com/en-GB/product/Hagloefs-Vassi+Jacket-155443/. As I am not a park rat (and am a fair bit bigger that the guy they used), the jacket is not that big on me, but it looks amazing.

They have seriously thought of everything in this jacket.

I never understand why ski clothing companies just make a season or 2 of these types of things, then don't make them anymore....
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these jackets but tell me about the size large (getting from sport persuit so i can't try it on)

im 5ft 11 and 74kg with a 100cm chest. just worried about it being a little big as my haglofs essens down jacket is a medium. obviously i want a looser fit than a tight down jacket but i also don't want it to reach my knees!

trying to get this sorted asap as I'm moving to chamonix for a year in November
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
knottymatt, Welcome to SH and by the way it may be worth losing your email address off your sign-in you may get spammed?!

Im 5'10 and 82kg, 100cm chest and I wear a Medium, they come up on the large side, i'd recommend medium, I tied a L in resort last summer and it was big, especially the arms. How much you paying?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Got mine from these guys:

http://www.gearpest.com/

I got the female version (they have the men's too). I gave them a call and they advised me on size. Extremely helpful and delivery was quick. Defiantly worth checking out!

Jacket's great, by far my favorite Ski jacket to date.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
knottymatt wrote:
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these jackets but tell me about the size large (getting from sport persuit so i can't try it on)

im 5ft 11 and 74kg with a 100cm chest. just worried about it being a little big as my haglofs essens down jacket is a medium. obviously i want a looser fit than a tight down jacket but i also don't want it to reach my knees!

trying to get this sorted asap as I'm moving to chamonix for a year in November

I have a large for the arms and in the body I may consider it an inch too long but I like it this way. For you at 5"11 I think it will be perfect. IN the body at 74kg you may be a bit baggy in large though. However, I prefer to be an inch+ long if I'm wearing a pack and since it is a shell you may need a bit of space for padding when required.

One thing to remember is the distance selling rules. You can return if not satisfied. You don't need to gee a reason. Just return.

I've heard they may take a few weeks to reimburse you but that is fair enough in my book. Off course..... you should always use a credit card fr protection.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy