Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'Fun' all round piste ski recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My mate picked up a pair of Q98s last season and whilst he can see the benefit of an all mountain ski he said that they are not much 'fun' on hard pistes. Hard pistes and some slush is pretty much all we saw on our 2 trips last season so he's looking at picking up another set of skis to compliment the Salomons?

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
the Salomon 24 hours range ?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
For a fun all mountain ski with more of a piste bias maybe take a look at the Blizzard Brahma? Both of us rated them for performance and grip on firm pistes. They are awesome in slush too. Skis like a fat GS ski with rocker so not the most forgiving, but an awesome bit of kit for the right level of skier.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What's his ability level, speed, height and weighth? That might help.

I didn't like the Q98 for hard snow either. Try Fischer Motive 86 TI, Head Supershape Titan, Brahma, Nordica Nrgy 90 if you want metal-free.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks so far, he's 5'10" and around 85kg. Not too sure of his level - can get down anything with more sliding than carving right now but looking to improve technique. Though the Brahmas look like a fantastic ski I think he's got 'all mountain' covered and is looking for something narrower.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

he's got 'all mountain' covered

sound like he has.. for skis ... but what about technique?

Ski wise something around 80mm waist - minimal rocker - short radius sidecut - forgiving - would probably be what he thinks he wants.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd go narrower yet, 70-75mm to complement the 98s if both can be available. Sidecut approx 15m. Rossi Pursuit 16ti and Salomon 24h Max are the 2 I've skied in that range, both v. good and easy to ski.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snow Hound wrote:
Hard pistes and some slush is pretty much all we saw on our 2 trips last season so he's looking at picking up another set of skis to compliment the Salomons?

Thanks.

sleep in and enjoy the slush Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
lynseyf wrote:
sleep in and enjoy the slush Smile

Lol, during a March trip some time ago my wife and I would enjoy a long breakfast on the Balcony of a piste facing apartment in La Tania, ready to ski as soon as the scraping sounds stopped.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I enjoyed Rossi Experiences, maybe a 7x version?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Like Cheizz big vote for the Head Titan. Fast fun ski, and whilst they are an 80mm waist the wider shovel (133mm), decent side cut tip rocker and camber (10/90) gives them a radius of just over 14m at 170cm. Super fun and solid ski in all piste conditions, particularly good in crud (if always icy go for the Magnums). You do have to ski them, as with a lot of skis, and certainly these - the better your technique and the more you put into the ski, the more you get out. I love mine!!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy