Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Loads of snow fell last night...

Poster: A snowHead
Somehow it made the dull days at work easier to cope with when i could see the snow melting in the alps, and knowing that there was not much skiing left to be had, and was beginning to look forward to summer....

but now there has been a huge dump in the alps, and now im depressed again, no way i can afford the money or time to get out there again Sad

Sigh, have a great time anyone heading out for Easter, im very jealous!

Why o why is Scotland so poor these days, i could prob get up there quite easily, wish i was alive in the heady days of the 70's!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
tomski01, You've made my day!! Sorry you're depressed, but I was depressed thinking of it all melting before I could get there!

I'll join you being miserable in a weeks time when I'm back and there's absolutely no chance of another trip til next December. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Explosion after explosion echoing down from the slopes above Les Arcs at the moment... some 15cm fell last night. Read somewhere that there are still a couple of Scottish resorts open, don't know if that's true or not!

Still have the apartment (sleeps up to eight) available for the last two weeks of the season here (17th April to May 1st)... If I haven't had an official booking through by the end of the week, I would be happy to let it go at cost to some snowHeads!! snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
tomski01 wrote:
Why o why is Scotland so poor these days, i could prob get up there quite easily, wish i was alive in the heady days of the 70's!

You obviously haven't been having a look at the Cairngorm webcam recently. It's been snowing up there for the past couple of days (in fact I had a look before I posted this and one of them is utterly covered with snow). If you haven't been up there how do you know how good or bad it is.

It might not be the Alps, but March and April are generally the best months in Scottish skiing/boarding. This weekend looks like being a good weekend as well. Plenty of fresh powder and the forecast looks pretty decent.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
tomski01, if you want to see the amazing difference the recent snow has made got to the La Plagne webcams. The Montalbert cam (1300m) is still showing yesterday, while the Montchavin cam (1250m) is showing today.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've just managed to find a Wengen webcam showing something other than complete white out and it's snowing snowHead I'll admit, the rain yesterday did start to worry me!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PG wrote:
Explosion after explosion echoing down from the slopes above Les Arcs at the moment... some 15cm fell last night. Read somewhere that there are still a couple of Scottish resorts open, don't know if that's true or not!

Still have the apartment (sleeps up to eight) available for the last two weeks of the season here (17th April to May 1st)... If I haven't had an official booking through by the end of the week, I would be happy to let it go at cost to some snowHeads!! snowHead

I'll add to PG's post, I'm staying in his studio the last week. If there's anyone wanting to get there from GVA let me know. Likewise, I'll be there with a car for anyone arrving on Eurostar for rides to Tignes/VdI etc
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hmmm. Might just pop over to the easyjet site and see about one last week...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oooh. I need to speak to Mrs NBT. Now.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lager, i have also looked at the Cairngorm cam just after i said that, and it does look ok there!....but they still have only opened the blue and green zones, do you think there is any chance they will open any more by the weekend?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I think PG's normally renting Sat to Sat, I was hoping to persuade him to let me stay till the Sunday but I've not asked him Very Happy

Anyway, the offer stands. I've got to drive past GVA there and back, they'll be just me in the car. Providing it's not massively disruptive to my plans I can give some lucky snowhead a ride for, oh, say, the cost of lunch Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
PG, ise, stop it. I CAN'T have another week. I CAN'T. I CAN'T.......
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
tomski01 wrote:
Lager, i have also looked at the Cairngorm cam just after i said that, and it does look ok there!....but they still have only opened the blue and green zones, do you think there is any chance they will open any more by the weekend?

The Lady has been open for most of the last month so I'd imagine that will open. Cairngorm hasn't been opening as many lifts as it could through the week though by all accounts. They simply aren't getting the visitor numbers, so they are trying to save money. Or at least thats what I've been reading anyway. Trouble is seems like a bit of a vicious circle. People look at the open lifts and think, not much open so don't go. The CML can't run as many lifts because they don't have the visitors.

I'm not sure what'll open this weekend, but since it's the Easter weekend I'd imagine they'll open as much terrain as they possibly can.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Good to hear about all the fresh snow in France! I'm off to Tignes on Saturday.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yeah - I've just been in touch with Club Med who've got plenty of availability in Val Despair.......but no flights. And not only that, but they aren't discounting the accommodation - saying, when asked "we're quite happy to let the places remain unfilled". Can't justify the full holiday cost and stump up for the transport as well Sad
ski holidays
Mark - in a way im happy if its like that, at least i dont feel like im gonna be missing out on a bargain..at the end of the day i cant really afford to do it, i just fancied one last slide!

lets hope next year is as good as this year, fingers crossed!
ski holidays
Anyone who thinks April is just an anti-climax should study snow history. Resorts above 1500m can have a winter's worth of new snow in April. I recall a holiday - it must have been around 1969 - when Verbier was digging chalets out (I think the reports were around 3m in the village) and it snowed for another fortnight solid.

I've never seen so much snow. On the way back to Geneva we were halted on the coast road of the lake (French side) by an avalanche that had roared down from the high slopes and blocked it.
snow report
ise,
Quote:
I think PG's normally renting Sat to Sat, I was hoping to persuade him to let me stay till the Sunday but I've not asked him
Stay until Tignes closes if you like, there will be no bookings after the week you are there as it's the end of the Les Arcs season!
snow report
PG wrote:
ise,
Quote:
I think PG's normally renting Sat to Sat, I was hoping to persuade him to let me stay till the Sunday but I've not asked him
Stay until Tignes closes if you like, there will be no bookings after the week you are there as it's the end of the Les Arcs season!

You're a gentleman, I'll definetly look out a bottle of HB pastis Very Happy

And, as I say, if a snowhead takes the apartment for the same period I'll see what I can do about a ride over from GVA for them.
snow report
I'll be speaking to Mrs NBT later today PG, ise, I'm broke but really tempted Shock)
ski holidays
Wow! Last night's snow sure disappeared fast from Montchavin . This morning the whole scene was snowy: now it is back to grass and just a strip of snow down to the chair lift.
Great snow higher up though..... snowHead
snow report
It's still snowing here, although a bit warmer thank goodness. The last run down (The Combe Valentin) is pretty ghastly in the afternoons, but hard and good in the mornings. With 1400m vertical drop before you get to that point though it's not really a problem. Today on the glacier the snow was as good as I've ever skied.

tomski01, give Aviemore a go - on a good day it's as good as anywhere with magnificent off piste ski-ing to be had. If there's snow there try Corrie Loughie Mhor (not sure about the spelling), you might have to walk out at the end but the spring snow there is usually FANTASTIC.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy