Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Expert snowboard boot fitting

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I see tons of threads about expert ski boot fitting, and was wondering if anything exists to the same level for snowboard boots? I'm talking about a store where they have a wide selection of snowboard boots, will do a thorough analysis of your feet, will perform modifications on boots, make custom footbeds, take them back a few times after using them for further modification, etc. Does such a store exist?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
First you'd need to teach the Snowboard techs to use a load of long words...Wink

You could use a proper ski boot shop, the principles are similar without all the hassle.

Get a custom foot bad that flexs (ie no heel stabaliser), most high performance customs are too stiff for your snowboard boots.

Get the best fitting boot you can. I like to have my whole foot enveloped with boot. If there are gaps you can ask your experienced boot fitter (skier or otherwise) to fill those gaps.

As ski boots have a solid shell they can be much more problematic than snowboard boots that can be laced up nice and tight and are designed to flex.

If you have any specific issues post em up, I'll try and help. I spent (wasted?) 8 years snowboarding :opps: know my way round the boots pretty well.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ponder wrote:
I see tons of threads about expert ski boot fitting, and was wondering if anything exists to the same level for snowboard boots? I'm talking about a store where they have a wide selection of snowboard boots, will do a thorough analysis of your feet, will perform modifications on boots, make custom footbeds, take them back a few times after using them for further modification, etc. Does such a store exist?

I've never really found one in Europe. The state of snowboard technology is dire though compared to skiing in general so it's maybe not surprising. The lack of a common binding interface for example. I use "soft" boots which I actually dislike but I can't find any hard boots that are even close to fitting. Even so, the fit on various soft boots I've had has been desperate compared to fit I expect/demand/have in ski boots.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My local Snowboard store ( Conspiracy in St Albans ) spent a lot of time with me and allowed me to try on numerous boots and offered helpful advice - I guess I was in store for over an hour. At the end of the day, there is only so much advice and assistance they can give and it came down to how I felt about the boot, and using the experience i have gained from my previous boots
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ise, some hard booters use ski touring boots on freeride boards.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
neilswingler wrote:
ise, some hard booters use ski touring boots on freeride boards.

Again/still ? Some of the first hard boots were touring boots in a different colour. Interesting though, I could justify some on that basis. Even with the agony of the old hard boots I had Mrs Ise's Burton Wire is sensational at speed Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Forget boots for a moment, think feet. 32, salomon(high range) and De-luxe. Footbeds, moulding and a guarentee. No more worries. Twisted Evil
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy