Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Have any snowheads gotten married in Zell Am See....?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,
My fiancé and I are tying the knot in Zell Am See next Jan. We will be having around 35 guests with us and although most of us ski / snowboard some do not and do not wish to. As we are all in resort for a week and it is the first time for us here, do any helpful snowheads have experience of the resort or local area with regard to non skiing activities ? If anyone has gotten married in Zell themselves and has any advice, do`s and don`ts, good apres etc they would be gratefully received. We will be staying in the Heitzmann.

All the best for the new season rapidly approaching,
Andy. Cool
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Andy382, I know Zell very well as do a few others on here who will no doubt be along soon. I've seen many weddings there although always in summer and alas I don't actually know anyone involved in them?

Its a good choice for a mixed party as being a year round resort and main town of the locality there are lots of alternatives to sliding. There is a large swimming pool and ice rink complex, tobogganing and relatively good pedestrian access to the mountain for your non skiers to join you for lunches etc

Apres is plentiful and more than adequate although I would consider it to be well down the list of top Apres resorts. In the Heitzmann you are right in town and handy for everything. Use the search function on here for lots more reviews details but Crazy Daisy's is my favourite along with the Gin Haus.

What dates in January are you going? Are you using a package or DIY?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hey Robboj, thanks for the reply..........we are not really party animals so good après is fine, doesn`t need to be outrageous. We are getting married Wed 28 Jan so will be in resort from the preceding to the following Sat. When everyone else has gone home, we are driving over to Hinterglemm for a week on our own. Now this is a resort we know well having been there several times competing in the RAF Ski champs Very Happy We have booked the whole thing through Inghams so DIY is minimal.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For non-skiers there is good train access to other places - a day trip to Salzburg is worthwhile, Kitzbuhel is also a nice place to visit.

The spa at Kaprun is well worth a visit (not cheap though!).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Andy382, that all sounds like fun. snowHead Can't offer any advice as I've never been to Zell am See but sounds a great choice.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I can second the Spa. Although it isn't cheap, you could easily while a way a day. 3 or 4 pools, one of which leads outside. My wife and I got married in Kitzbuhel and spent a few hours in the Spa with our 1 year old.

Elizabeth B mentioned Kitzbuhel. Be aware that it is The Hahnenkamm race on the Saturday you arrive so it will be busy, but well worth a visit on the Sunday for the Slalom.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Andy382, That's a good week to go, snow should be at its best and if the lake's going to freeze enough for activities you should get it frozen then. I'm normally there myself that week but coincidentally I think its going to be Saalbach for that week this year?

You'll probably know this but Inghams will have activities lined up might be an idea to email them in advance for a schedule although you might have to wait until nearer the season start? Maybe they can organise some things during the day for your non skiers.

keep in touch nearer the time and I can give you some tips on pistes and huts etc once we see the snow conditions. Good news is that last January was the worst snow I've ever seen, it was more like April than January so hopefully you'll be alright next year.

There are some pretty lengthy reviews on here of which these are the ones I can find

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=95756&highlight=zell

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=66487&highlight=zell
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Some of the none sliders might be interested to a trip to Kaprun and up the Glacier there? on a good day there are great views and the visitor centre is not too bad. Depends if they like the mountains or not though? It's 3 Lifts a bit costly though i think..
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Massive thanks for the replies snowheads, speaking as an Ayrshireman Robboj, you`ve changed my opinion of Paisley boys Twisted Evil . Thanks for the offer, I will give you a shout for gen later in the year.
ATB,
Andy.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Andy382, Cheers, although I'm an Argyllshire man. Paisley is merely the present residence. You never know, we might end up on the same flight although I'm more likely to be on the Thomson plane out of Glasgow, nothing is booked as yet so we'll see.

Found this 8 pager on Zell that seems to be about 4 seasons long. There's even someone in there who got married there. Maybe send them a PM?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=11074
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks Robboj. A bit sick of the flying side of things now. Working near London so a nice leisurely drive down to the tunnel on Friday with an overnight stop Friday night in Stuttgart. Easy drive into resort by early afternoon and will probably still be there before the Saturday transfers get in. Having the car is handy for driving over to Saalbach/Hinterglemm for a day or two skiing if the beginners in the group get a little adventurous later on in the week. Can introduce them to the delights of the Goatschtall too Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Andy.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Andy382, Definitely get further along than Stuttgart on the Friday if you want to beat the weekend traffic. If you can get east of Munich, then you will beat the worst of it. The Dutch, Danes, northern Germans, Poles and Czechs often travel through the night. I leave home at 06.00 am every Saturday to travel the 134 kms between me and Flachau to beat the traffic. There is a lot of day and weekender traffic that travels from the big cities like Stuttgart, Nürnberg, Munich, Salzburg and Vienna as well as all points in between and they like to be on the first lifts at 8.30. Even on so-called Low Season Saturdays the autobahns around Munich and east to the Inntal and Salzburg can and do get very clogged up by about 10.00am. Put bad weather on into the mix and it can get even worse. I once took 6 hours for the journey between Munich and Salzburg due to a combination of heavy snow and traffic, and that was a Saturday in January, not a High Season changeover day.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for the info Sue. The reason we picked Stuttgart is that when we have driven out before to Schladming we have overnighted here and not had any probs getting to resort. May have to look at it again though given your local knowledge.
All the best,
Andy. snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Andy382, give me a buzz closer to the time and I'll recommend some local hostelries for you.

The problems start occurring from Ulm onwards as that is where the A7 from the north hits the A8. Then it all merges around Munich which when coupled with the day and weekender traffic can be catastrophic. The A8 is only 2 lanes from Ulm to Munich, although they are working on widening it to 3 lanes in each direction. It just takes one hiccup (usually a broken down Eastern European truck or bus) and it clogs up worse than a Glaswegian's deep-fried Mars Bar lined arteries! wink
From Munich South you have 3-lanes up to the A93(Inntal Interchange) then just 2-lanes all the way to Salzburg. It is sadly a recipe for disaster that we locals sadly are all too aware of as it tends to mess up our daily commuting.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for the info and the offer Sue, really helpful.
All the best,
Andy snowHead
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy