Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Less Chalet Holidays in Switzerland??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
From the Telegraph yesterday:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/snowandski/skiing-news/11035026/Swiss-law-change-sparks-UK-ski-chalet-closures.html

Might serve as a warning against protectionism in neighbouring countries!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Perhaps the Swiss don't need British companies using low-cost labour who add very little to the local economy.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Old news, dull, etc.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Only the Telegraph could use the term 'Affordable' to describe the cost of a Swiss catered chalet holiday.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
[pendent mode on] Surely the title should be amended to "Fewer" [/pendent mode off]

Sorry just spent the week editing tons of documents and have had to explain to several colleagues about irregular comparatives and superlatives as well as their associated meanings! rolling eyes wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Or perhaps it should be 'Fewer Elitist English able to afford Swiss catered Chalets because they have to pay a living wage?'
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think if you are concerned about economic exploitation of workers, the plight of Imogen and Tamsin working a season in a Swiss chalet might not be the most egregious case in point?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I suppose what I objected to was the underlying assumption that the Swiss are somehow inferior in terms of economic judgement to the British because they insist on a reasonable minimum wage. In reality, the losers aren't the Swiss - it's UK-based companies who winge that the only way they can make their business profitable is to pay under-minimum wages. My response is that this is the complaint of ineffective businessmen through the ages. If you can't make your business model work then your business model isn't viable and you need to change it rather than complain that the underlying components (labour, materials, utilities etc.) are over-priced.

There are plenty of Brits here in Switzerland who are making a profitable business out of running chalets. The difference is that they're here (in CH) and not in an expensive office in the UK seeking to pay themselves a big salary operating a business remotely.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Fri 10-10-14 14:59; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

[pendent mode on] Surely the title should be amended to "Fewer" [/pendent mode off]

Samerberg Sue, should that be "pedant"?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
abd, oops! Embarassed Embarassed I blame the correction of over 100 pages of tabulated Dinglish QM policy! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
no worries Samerberg Sue, it pained me to be the pendent wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
msej449 wrote:
Only the Telegraph could use the term 'Affordable' to describe the cost of a Swiss catered chalet holiday.

We work hard to make our private chalet holidays affordable and superb value for money. You cannot survive in Switzerland without providing an excellent product and service. Our guests come Internationally via Zurich Airport and Swiss Rail to us at 1800m. Some discerning Brits find us, but Arosa does very little to market to the UK.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy