Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

B&B or hotel in Corvara

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Now I'm hooked on the Dolomites I though we'd head to Alta Badia next season (stayed in Selva last year, loved it, but want to try a different base to explore more).

Does anyone have any top tips for a nice B&B or small hotel in the area - I'm guessing Corvara is the best bet? The only "must have" is a good sauna, everything else is negotiable Happy Looking at 2* or 3*, budget won't stretch to 4*. Also, a small apartment might be an option if there are any with access to a sauna.

[I confess I've not searched the archives, I figure anyone else looking at Snowheads in August is as sad and addicted as me and won't mind another thread on the topic wink ]
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
"..[I confess I've not searched the archives, I figure anyone else looking at Snowheads in August is as sad and addicted as me and won't mind another thread on the topic wink ]...." -- makes 2 of us then !!

Corvara is (unfortunately) the most expensive village in the area....

Bertie Bassett stayed in Colfosco last year (I searched the archives for U Smile ) at the Hotel Jagerhof - If he doesn't reply, you could always PM him

If you are looking for tour operators - Inghams have a their own Chatel Hotel in La Villa and they are featuring San Cassiano for the first time this year.

Arabba is the favourite resort for many SnowHeads -- see Birthday Bash threads for info :: I think it is the best placed resort for exploring the area (i.e. on the Sella Ronda and the Alta Badia/Val di Fassa are within easy reach
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers albob,
Quote:

Corvara is (unfortunately) the most expensive village in the area....

Oh b*gger. This was meant to be cheaper than last year in Selva... Puzzled

Colfosco is fine with me, I'll look up the Jagerhof (is that the one the lift goes over by any chance?).

Not too fussed about TOs, but will use them when they go to the right place, they can be very competitive. Not so keen on chalets though.

Arabba is also on the radar, is that more economical than Corvara?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
"..I'll look up the Jagerhof (is that the one the lift goes over by any chance?)..." -- Not sure

Arabba is definitely cheaper -- only downside is very little night-life (i.e. one bar) and not much to do outside skiing

Val di Fassa is cheaper again
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sah, I stayed with friends in an apartment in Colfosco the other year, and Colfosco is a nice base directly on the Sella Ronda. It also has its own small side valley (Edelweisstal) which has some nice runs and mountain restaurants.
As regards the location of the Hotel Jägerhof, it's address is 28 Strada Val which my map of Colfosco shows is just off the main road going through Colfosco near to where the piste coming back from the Edelweiss Valley goes over a bridge crossing the main road.

Here's a post I put in another thread:
In Colfosco as you are going in the anticlockwise sella ronda direction there is a restaurant at the top of the gentle nursery slopes (just to the right as you get off the chairlift) called the Mathiaskeller, which does excellent local dishes, and has some very nice traditional interior decoration (including some amusing bar stools.) Outside view of the Mathiaskeller Photos of Mathiaskeller, Colfosco<br>This photo of Mathiaskeller is courtesy of TripAdvisor]

Also in Colfosco if you go up the side valley called the Edelweisstal (take the gondola that goes up the side valley from the nursery slope) there is a nice mountain restaurant called the Rifugio Forcelles at the top of the Forcelles chairlift.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
collettes
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you're ok with Arabba (we are there Easter, can't wait!!) Neilson do Hotel Barbara that has a sauna snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sah, Try Hotel Bel Sit in Corvara. I struggled to find anywhere that was reasonably priced but found this and think it may be a little cheaper as it's about a 10-15 minute walk outside of the town. Excellent Wellness Centre and hotel minibus to ferry you to lifts. We had an excellent week there.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I just booked a week in Corvara in March a few days ago and we found that accomodation was actually fair priced considering that most hotels in the area are quite nice. Not many TOs go to Corvara so DYI seems to be the best option. Have a look at Residence Mugun for self-catering or Garni Casa Di Munt for B&B.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy