Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fridge, Carving Drills

Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

Thinking of going to the Manchester Snow Dome before winter, any tips on good indoor carving drills, trying to get more purchase on my parallel turns.

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Levi215, Hard to say without seeing, but relaxing your legs in the last third of the turn might help. Ask the liftys for a tip; they're usually v good skiers.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
J turns
One legged carving

Does depend one what your trying to work on/improve....
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not all the lifties at CFe are skiers. There are quite a few boarders and a few who do not ski or board. hopefully in September ( will not be till the second week though) I will get another monthly pass if you are going let me know Levi215, maybe we can practice some drills as way better that trying to practice on your own. At the very least if you bring an Sd card I could video for you and then you could put it on here for kitenski, and others to give you advice.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Will do speed098, i've not been before so gonna try it and see how it goes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Ask the liftys for a tip

Puzzled Puzzled

joking surely?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
supermans (teapots), J turns, whitepass turns, to name a few
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Levi215, really depends on what level you are at and what you need to work on in your skiing overall. Some of the drills listed may be appropriate for you but then again....

can you post some video of your skiing ? if not what level are you at? (have a look at) http://www.insideoutskiing.com/level.html

and when you say "get more purchase on your turns" what problems are you experiencing?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Probably 6-7 somewhere in that ballpark, trying to get a smoother arc, i get the feeling it's all a bit forced still however having not seen myself ski it's tough to tell Smile Enjoyed going down 'natural' pistes but again could do with some more finesse around the mogul turns.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Levi215, To be honest that doesn't give me enough to go on... I would suggest getting a lesson and see what the instructor has to offer...
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
No worries skimottaret, think i need to see myself to get a better understanding, but no doubt the suggested drills will have some benefit.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
post up a video of you skiing particularly on the area you want to improve Levi215,
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Levi215, Chill Factore have a carving coaching session on a Monday night 7-9pm, it's part of a series so it's on about once every three weeks or so. That would be a good starting point maybe.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name, They are more useful platting snot!!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Try tea-pot turns: inside hand up high, outside hand pushing in on your hip (no poles). At the end of the turn (i.e. at the transition from one turn to the next) swap hands. Seems to be a common theme of the higher-level sessions I've seen at CFe.
snow conditions
Might be worth a try when i get some time, thanks sarah, I looked and couldn't see anything on their planners for drill type periods?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy